rodent. It is also known as cane rat or cutting grass. Grass cutter farming is a
relatively new venture in animal husbandry in Nigeria but has since been
practiced in many west African countries such as Ghana, republic of Benin,
Togo, cote D’vore and many other countries in central Africa.
different spices of grass-cutters, but the popular ones are the thryonomis
agregorianus (brown race) and the thryonomis swinderianus (black race)
- It service as protein to man
- It services as source of income to
- The furs/skin of the grass-cutter is a
ready raw material for making various kinds of hard brushes and foot mats.
- Its waste product serves as a good
source of organic manures.
and these are the extensive system and the intensive system.
hunting in the wide life.
- It provides game for man during
- A source of meat to man
- A source of raw materials to industries
- It destroys our natural habitat
- It is very difficult to harvest
land is fenced and the grass-cutter are then released into the large acres of
land with a lot of natural basal feed (natural grasses) to feed on. Harvesting
is usually done by setting traps.
- It is very cheap to manage
- It provides meat to man
- Taking total numbers of stock is
- Open to external predators
- This system is not usually the best because in-matured ones may be caught or injured during the harvesting period.
- If not handle with care, it can be
under this system are usually kept inside a confined environment where housing,
feeding and treatment are given to them for optimal health and development. The
house build for them is called a ‘den’.
- Grass-cutter is a source of income to
- It provide food for man
- Is serve as source of raw materials
for industries and research
- It is costly to maintain
- If not handle with care, it can be
are three criteria in identifying sex in grass-cutters, these are;
- Shape of the head
- Body size
- Ana-genital distance (Ana-genital
distance that exist between the reproductive organ and anus)
The males head is usually big and round,
The female’s head is usually smallish and narrow
Their bodies is usually bigger than that of the
Their body size is smaller than that of the male
There is golf
distance between the anus and the pennies
The anus and the clitoris are clamped together,
hence there is no dist
use a clip to select any desired specie you want to examine. But in the absent
of clip, hold the grass-cutter on the center of the tail, or on the fore-legs or
on the hind leg, use any one possible.
Feeding in grass-cutter
can take the form of basal feeding or artificial feeding
EXAMPLES BASAL FEEDING
Basal feeds are those naturally feed use in feeding animals.
Examples of basal feed for grass-cutters are; elephant grass, guinea grass,
paspalon, fresh maize stalk and cobs, sugar cane, pineapple leaves and crown,
nervure of palm trees and coconut trees, cassava stem and tubers, pawpaw fruit,
unripe tomatoes, cucumber, and so on.
THE NEED FOR ARTIFICIAL FEED
need to use artificial feeding as supplement when rearing your grass-cutter in
order to the grass-cutter the require nutrition value. A good formulated feed for grass-cutter is
recommended feed ratio is 50-60g/day per animal and the average daily weight
grained (ADWG) IS
The reproductive age of grass-cutter is 7-8 months for both
- The male must be docile
- Must have normal growth rate or
should have been at least 2.5kg at 8 months
- Must have equal size of testicle
- The female must have at least two
pairs of teat
- Must have normal growth rate or
attain at least 2kg
third month of the birth of the grass-cutter. It involves the massaging of the
genital organ, especially at the neck region with a view to arouse its sexual consciousness.
This exercise continued until the male grass-cutter attained full reproductive
stage at eight months.
is usually done when the female is on heat, (especially in the intensive
system). On the natural bases, the male will mount one the female before it
ejaculate internal and fertilize the ovary of the female. The same principle is
what takes place even in the intensive system. The only thing is that special
attention is given to them. One male can be use for four female.
Note; always allow the female to stay
with the male in the same den for about one to two months to ensure
Gestation test is done using cotton
bud. Insert the cotton bud inside the clitoris of the female with a gentle
Those ones with blood stain or
brownish colour in the cotton bud indicate that they are pregnant, while those
ones that are grayish-white are not pregnant. The non-pregnant ones are
re-introducing into the den.
Note; male are called buck while
female are called doe.
of 5 months hence 152 days
PLACE YOUR ORDER FOR YOUR GRASS-CUTTER (CANE RAT) NOW! !! !!!.
CONTACT US FROM OUR INFORMATION BELOW;
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
- SECTION I – EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- NAME OF BUSINESS / COMPANY
- OFFICE & SITE LOCATION
- MISSION STATEMENT
- SOCIAL/ECONOMIC VALUE
- PROJECT STATUS & START UP
- WHY PREPARE THIS BUSINESS PLAN?
- SECURITIES FOR THE PROPOSED LOAN
- SECTION II – STUDY AREA
- STUDY AREA
- COMPANY OVERVIEW
- MANAGEMENT TEAM
- DEPARTMENTS IN THE COMPANY
- MANAGEMENT TEAM GAPS
- SECTION III – INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- DEFINING YOUR INDUSTRY
- YOUR INDUSTRY SIZE GROWTH RATE AND SALES PROJECTIONS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- MARKET OVERVIEW
- MARKET SEGMENTATION
- RELEVANT MARKET SIZE
- KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- LONG TERM PROSPECTIVE
- MARKET CHARACTERISTICS
- SAMPLING TECHNIQUE
- SECTION IV – CUSTOMER ANALYSIS
- TARGET CUSTOMERS
- CUSTOMER NEEDS
- MARKET NEEDS / SOCIAL PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
- BUYERS BEHAVIOUR
- MARKET SHARE
- SALES FORECASTING
- SECTION V – COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
- DIRECT COMPETITORS
- COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES
- SECTION VI – MARKETING PLAN
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- FINISHED PRODUCTS
- PRODUCT QUALITY AND PRODUCTION QUANTITY
- PRODUCTION CAPACITY
- PROMOTIONS PLAN
- DISTRIBUTION PLAN
- SECTION VII – OPERATIONS PLAN
- GENERAL APPROACH TO PRODUCTION
- TECHNICAL ANALYSIS / PRODUCTION PROCESS
- PACKAGING REQUIREMENTS
- SECTION VIII – FINANCIAL PLAN
- REVENUE MODEL
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- FINANCIAL ASSUMPTIONS
- FINANCE CHARGES
- FINANCIAL PROJECTIONS
- FUNDING REQUIREMENTS/USE OF FUNDS
- CRITICAL ASSUMPTIONS
- FINANCIAL MODELS
- SUMMARY OF PROJECT COST
- BUDGET OF FIXED ASSETS / CAPITAL EXPENSES / INVESTMENTS
- OPERATING EXPENSES (OPEX)
- TOTAL REQUIRED INVESTMENT OUTLAY (REQUIRED START-UP CAPITAL)
- FINANCING PLAN
- INSTALLED / AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT
- BREAK-EVEN ANALYSIS
- LOAN REPAYMENT SCHEDULE AND INTEREST PAID
- FORECAST OF PROFIT AND LOSS
- CASH FLOW
- BALANCE SHEET
- GENERAL ASSUMPTIONS (BREAK EVEN ANALYSIS)
- BUSINESS RATIOS – PROFITABILITY ANALYSIS
- SECTION 3 – APPENDIX
These Feasibility study on poultry farming business (specializing on layers and boilers production), was conducted using projections, impressive publications, compounding interest/values, tables, graph, bar chart, pie chart, profits analysis and cash flow positions in other to give a clear picture of what is obtainable in that location, using eight plots of land, at Esemdiary village, Off Effurun Sapele Road, Okpe LGA of Delta state, Nigeria as a case study.
Esemdiary village is a community in Okpe Local Government Area of Delta State with coordinates 05°26’N 5°57’E, which also plays the host community to the Warri Airport, which is actually located at Osubi.
Okpe Local Government is a territory that used to be part of the original Okpe Kingdom, its headquarters is at Orerokpe, with a population of 128,398 people whose primary occupations include commercial farming, fishing, hunting, trading and gas exploration.
After carrying out the feasibility study on Esemdiary village, Off Effurun-Sapele Road, Okpe LGA of Delta state, Nigeria, it was discovered that, farming generally will do well both on crop and animal production.
- Bank Deposit
- Electronic Fund Transfer or western money transfer
- ATM cash Transfer
This payment method requires the customer to deposit, Electronic
Fund Transfer or ATM cash Transfer directly from his/her account into any of CHRIS FARM NIGERIA bank accounts.
If it is an E-Book, project materials, written project or written feasibility study, it will be sent to your immediately as soon as your transaction reflects in our account.
Please note; it will take ten working days to write (or prepare) a feasibility study or a project on your request.
Our bank details are on the website page, Just click on payment to get them
After placing your order, SMS your payment information (Manual title,
Name on teller, payment teller number, and your e-mail address)
E.g. catfish, Kelechi Bisi Amina,531796,firstname.lastname@example.org
To +2348036925718 or +2348051270981 once I confirm your payment.
The material will be sent to your immediately! By e-mail Trust us 100% to do that.
Advantages of sending your request via email your e-book (electronic book) is downloadable from your e-mail box which allows you to read and print out this book
• Zero shipping costs.
• No wasting time, forget having to wait weeks for postal delivery.
• No risk of products lost in the mail or damaged
Thinking that we might live you after your purchase? Definitely no!
With the CBN policy in Nigeria via bank verification number (BVN), is almost impossible to steal your money from bank transfer or bank payment.
We assure you of maximum support when you need us. Please, do not hesitate to ask us for the way forward.
Get in touch with us today on our phone numbers or send us an email. We await your response……………………….
WRITTEN AND COMPILED BY CHRIS FARM NIGERIA
PHONE: +234(803)-692-5718 or +234(805)-127-0981
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/chrisfarmnigeria
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: www.twitter.com/chrisfarm9ja
- We provide feasibility study/business plan for new and existing businesses
- We help you to recruit staff for your company, firm or organizations
- We help you in registering your company, firm or organizations
- Suppliers of any food stuffs
- Building contractor (especially building houses, constructions of ponds)
- Provides Architect for any design
- Help you in getting loans
- Sales of fingerlings, table size catfish, chicks, Grass-cutters, rabbits, snails, and many more
- Farm design
- Feed formulation for general livestock, including
- Floating/Sinking Fish feed
- Soybean oil processing, Teachings on how to test soybean cake,
- Teaching on how to remove the gummy and unpleasant smell of soybean oil
- Palm Oil/Palm nut cracking
- Fish Farming (Pond Construction and Fingerlings distribution)
- Poultry farm (plus marketing ideas)
- Rabbit farming
- Snail Farming
- Grass-cutter/cane rat Farming
- Commercial Crop Farming
- Handwork/Workshop Plan
- Pure Water Business
- Nylon production
- Professional Website design (cooperate and personal)
- Bulk SMS (plus re-seller website)
- Business Software Design
- Logo design plus company slogan
- Printing Press (Graphic design, lithography, banners, poster, handbills etc)
- Sales of battery cage for livestock farming all over Nigeria
- E-books on; Broilers farming, Layers farming, Grass-cutter farming, Rabbit farming, Pig farming, Catfish farming, and many more……
- How to own, manage, and make millions from catfish production (Most demanded)
- Projecting writing, Sales of written projects, and many more…………