The tendency of the average Nigerian investor is to set up a business on a foundation beyond his experience because he sees others doing it. He starts a poultry farm as a large investment of capital and stock which will require immense amounts of energy and funds to maintain which may be beyond his capability.
Some inexperienced investors have set up, misled by fantastic statistics which make them believe that poultry business is the quickest route to become a millionaire overnight. For example, i saw a thread at nairaland.com where a poultry promoter gave the impression that one can invest N500,000.00 in poultry and reap N5 million in a year. This statistics is a deceit, misleading and an IMPOSSIBILITY in the present day Nigeria. Some starters rely on dubious statistics generated by some arm chair consultant. Some are attracted by the earning potentialities but give no thought to the other side of the coin.
Nigerians are enthusiastic about poultry farming and many are going into it. This is good news and this blog supports them by giving valuable insights usually overlooked or neglected but which are essential to success in the business. One mistake being made by many inexperienced starters is working out unrealistic profit expectations on paper. One needs to understand the factors or situations that makes realistic profit expectation realizable in poultry farming to be able to make a realistic income forecast.
The best advice is to start modestly on a small scale and in the process of managing it; the owner will be able to know how much can be made from the business. This was the advice given to a client who purchased some of the poultry reports on this blog. He has a large plot of land at Ibadan and was ready to set up a big farm based on the availability of funds.
He was advised to start with a small farm and from his experience would be able to decide later how to expand. He bought the suggestion and has set up a smaller farm. This way, experience can be gained without having to pay high prices for it as in a large first investment. That is the best way for an inexperienced starter to start a poultry farm.
If you are a green horn and have the financial capability to rear 5000 birds, you may start with 1000 in the first cycle. Based on experience and profits gained, increase the stock gradually, says every 6-12 months until the planned maximum capacity is achieved. You can use the profits earned in one cycle to commence another cycle. In my own opinion, it is not wise for a starter, a green horn to put in all the capital at once on a 5000 bird farm. You may go ahead anyway if you have adequate financial reserves to fall back on, have the right logistics in place and have the capacity for risk.
Many Nigerians are always in a haste to become owners of big businesses from inception. One Nigerian who got my poultry reports and sought my counsel, who had access to borrowed funds or a grant from an uncle wanted to set up a 2000 layer farm, a piggery and a fish farm all at once. He is a starter who has zero experience and no knowledge in all the three areas. My suggestion was that he set up one, master it before setting up another line. He was ready to invest the whole capital on the 3 areas at once. To me, it is too foolish a risk to take with borrowed funds without other reserves to fall back on.
There are some who have the money to invest in the business but do not have the time. They may have very limited or no poultry training and/or experience and their success in the business is tied to their ability to engage someone as manager to supervise the farm. The manager must be a trained, experienced and capable person who has the personality suited for the work. The personality requirements suited for the work include mental and physical abilities.
The personality requirements essential to success in poultry farming, expected of a hired employee manager include:
-Personal liking for the business
-Attention to details as the business is largely composed of details
-Ability to create your own system for the work, not to be tossed about by many. Stick to one.
-Ability to deploy common sense to take quick & correct decisions when necessary to avert disaster
Energy and Promptness
-Ability to concentrate time and attention on the work to ensure that no detail is neglected.
There are several other personality requirements but if your farm manager lacks the essentials stated above, it is clear that you may have placed your farm in the wrong hands.
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We will carry out research and develop MBA grade business plan that you can present to a bank or any investor.
- SECTION I – EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- NAME OF BUSINESS / COMPANY
- OFFICE & SITE LOCATION
- MISSION STATEMENT
- SOCIAL/ECONOMIC VALUE
- PROJECT STATUS & START UP
- WHY PREPARE THIS BUSINESS PLAN?
- SECURITIES FOR THE PROPOSED LOAN
- SECTION II – STUDY AREA
- STUDY AREA
- COMPANY OVERVIEW
- MANAGEMENT TEAM
- DEPARTMENTS IN THE COMPANY
- MANAGEMENT TEAM GAPS
- SECTION III – INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- DEFINING YOUR INDUSTRY
- YOUR INDUSTRY SIZE GROWTH RATE AND SALES PROJECTIONS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- MARKET OVERVIEW
- MARKET SEGMENTATION
- RELEVANT MARKET SIZE
- KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- LONG TERM PROSPECTIVE
- MARKET CHARACTERISTICS
- SAMPLING TECHNIQUE
- SECTION IV – CUSTOMER ANALYSIS
- TARGET CUSTOMERS
- CUSTOMER NEEDS
- MARKET NEEDS / SOCIAL PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
- BUYERS BEHAVIOUR
- MARKET SHARE
- SALES FORECASTING
- SECTION V – COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
- DIRECT COMPETITORS
- COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES
- SECTION VI – MARKETING PLAN
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- FINISHED PRODUCTS
- PRODUCT QUALITY AND PRODUCTION QUANTITY
- PRODUCTION CAPACITY
- PROMOTIONS PLAN
- DISTRIBUTION PLAN
- SECTION VII – OPERATIONS PLAN
- GENERAL APPROACH TO PRODUCTION
- TECHNICAL ANALYSIS / PRODUCTION PROCESS
- PACKAGING REQUIREMENTS
- SECTION VIII – FINANCIAL PLAN
- REVENUE MODEL
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- FINANCIAL ASSUMPTIONS
- FINANCE CHARGES
- FINANCIAL PROJECTIONS
- FUNDING REQUIREMENTS/USE OF FUNDS
- CRITICAL ASSUMPTIONS
- FINANCIAL MODELS
- SUMMARY OF PROJECT COST
- BUDGET OF FIXED ASSETS / CAPITAL EXPENSES / INVESTMENTS
- OPERATING EXPENSES (OPEX)
- TOTAL REQUIRED INVESTMENT OUTLAY (REQUIRED START-UP CAPITAL)
- FINANCING PLAN
- INSTALLED / AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT
- BREAK-EVEN ANALYSIS
- LOAN REPAYMENT SCHEDULE AND INTEREST PAID
- FORECAST OF PROFIT AND LOSS
- CASH FLOW
- BALANCE SHEET
- GENERAL ASSUMPTIONS (BREAK EVEN ANALYSIS)
- BUSINESS RATIOS – PROFITABILITY ANALYSIS
- SECTION 3 – APPENDIX
These Feasibility study on poultry farming business (specializing on layers and boilers production), was conducted using projections, impressive publications, compounding interest/values, tables, graph, bar chart, pie chart, profits analysis and cash flow positions in other to give a clear picture of what is obtainable in that location, using eight plots of land, at Esemdiary village, Off Effurun Sapele Road, Okpe LGA of Delta state, Nigeria as a case study.
Esemdiary village is a community in Okpe Local Government Area of Delta State with coordinates 05°26’N 5°57’E, which also plays the host community to the Warri Airport, which is actually located at Osubi.
Okpe Local Government is a territory that used to be part of the original Okpe Kingdom, its headquarters is at Orerokpe, with a population of 128,398 people whose primary occupations include commercial farming, fishing, hunting, trading and gas exploration.
After carrying out the feasibility study on Esemdiary village, Off Effurun-Sapele Road, Okpe LGA of Delta state, Nigeria, it was discovered that, farming generally will do well both on crop and animal production.
- Bank Deposit
- Electronic Fund Transfer or western money transfer
- ATM cash Transfer
This payment method requires the customer to deposit, Electronic
Fund Transfer or ATM cash Transfer directly from his/her account into any of CHRIS FARM NIGERIA bank accounts.
If it is an E-Book, project materials, written project or written feasibility study, it will be sent to your immediately as soon as your transaction reflects in our account.
Please note; it will take ten working days to write (or prepare) a feasibility study or a project on your request.
Our bank details are on the website page, Just click on payment to get them
After placing your order, SMS your payment information (Manual title,
Name on teller, payment teller number, and your e-mail address)
E.g. catfish, Kelechi Bisi Amina,531796,email@example.com
To +2348036925718 or +2348051270981 once I confirm your payment.
The material will be sent to your immediately! By e-mail Trust us 100% to do that.
Advantages of sending your request via email your e-book (electronic book) is downloadable from your e-mail box which allows you to read and print out this book
• Zero shipping costs.
• No wasting time, forget having to wait weeks for postal delivery.
• No risk of products lost in the mail or damaged
Thinking that we might live you after your purchase? Definitely no!
With the CBN policy in Nigeria via bank verification number (BVN), is almost impossible to steal your money from bank transfer or bank payment.
We assure you of maximum support when you need us. Please, do not hesitate to ask us for the way forward.
Get in touch with us today on our phone numbers or send us an email. We await your response……………………….
WRITTEN AND COMPILED BY CHRIS FARM NIGERIA
PHONE: +234(803)-692-5718 or +234(805)-127-0981
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/chrisfarmnigeria
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: www.twitter.com/chrisfarm9ja
- We provide feasibility study/business plan for new and existing businesses
- We help you to recruit staff for your company, firm or organizations
- We help you in registering your company, firm or organizations
- Suppliers of any food stuffs
- Building contractor (especially building houses, constructions of ponds)
- Provides Architect for any design
- Help you in getting loans
- Sales of fingerlings, table size catfish, chicks, Grass-cutters, rabbits, snails, and many more
- Farm design
- Feed formulation for general livestock, including
- Floating/Sinking Fish feed
- Soybean oil processing, Teachings on how to test soybean cake,
- Teaching on how to remove the gummy and unpleasant smell of soybean oil
- Palm Oil/Palm nut cracking
- Fish Farming (Pond Construction and Fingerlings distribution)
- Poultry farm (plus marketing ideas)
- Rabbit farming
- Snail Farming
- Grass-cutter/cane rat Farming
- Commercial Crop Farming
- Handwork/Workshop Plan
- Pure Water Business
- Nylon production
- Professional Website design (cooperate and personal)
- Bulk SMS (plus re-seller website)
- Business Software Design
- Logo design plus company slogan
- Printing Press (Graphic design, lithography, banners, poster, handbills etc)
- Sales of battery cage for livestock farming all over Nigeria
- E-books on; Broilers farming, Layers farming, Grass-cutter farming, Rabbit farming, Pig farming, Catfish farming, and many more……
- How to own, manage, and make millions from catfish production (Most demanded)
- Projecting writing, Sales of written projects, and many more…………