FISH FARMING TIPS
Fish farming is the principle form of aquaculture, which other method fall under Mari culture. Fish farming involves raising fish commercially in tanks, concrete pond, and earthy pound or enclosures, usually for food.
The world most important fish species used in fish farming are carp, salmon tilapia and catfish.
There is an increasing demand for fish and fish protein, which has resulted in widespread over-fishing in wild.
fish from fingerling to adult table size suitable for scale and consumption. The
following are the basic requirements for a successful growing – out farming.
concrete materials (blocks, cement, sand etc.) of this there different type are
in operations and they are: stagnant concrete system, free flow concrete system
and re-circulatory concrete system.
way where water once pumped in will remain until when you notice that the water
is bad before you change it this type of pound compared to other concrete types
is cheaper to construct and maintain but in terms of stocking capacity, fish
growth and output, it gives least result regarding performance. Stocking
density is between 10 – 20 fish per square meter.
FREE FLOW CONCRETE SYSTEM / FLOW
on the principle that fresh water flow into the pound continuously, while waste
water from the pound flow out continuously discharge into the waste pit. The
running of the water is not necessarily continuously for 24h0urs every day
rather it can be made to run slopped intermittently every 4 – 6 hours.
this system is that water wastage is very high in which case it may not be very
feasible when constant water availably is not guaranteed. But the benefits are
tremendous. Firstly, stocking capacity is near equal to that of the re
circulatory pound system. Stocking density is between 50 – 100 fish per square
WATER RE-CIRCULATORY SYSTEM
a complete water refining and circulation. The principle behind this type of
pound system is such that, there is high water reservoir tanks enter into the
pound and at the same time water waste is discharged from the pound into a
refining BIO chamber from where it’s
passed through a series of sedimentation tanks.
in term of water efficiency, stocking capacity, water quality and percentage of
dissolve oxygen in the pound. The output weight whatever cost and maintains
implications this is because the stocking capacity is higher, fish growth is
faster, the harvest period is shorter and water consumption is lesser. Stocking
density is between 100 – 350 fish per square meter.
EARTHEN (NATURAL) POUND
where there is clay soil and underground water source only. In essence this
type of pound is best sited in swampy areas, where there is freshwater source,
whose sand is solid enough to construct the dyke. It could also be site on a
slope or a flat land with clay soil and fresh water source. The major problem
of this type is “security” if fencing or security is not employed, you may lose
your investment and sorting is very cumbersome.
possible of a large stocking capacity, fish growth is very rapid and size
bigger, profitability is higher and environment is more conductive for
aquaculture. However, stocking density is very low between 5 – 10 fish per
pound systems, it is hereby advised that before you consider which type of
operate, you have to consider the following: size of the investment / operation
whether you want to do it on full or part time what basic resources do you have
nature of the water and the type of feed they eat.
invested on fish production.
deviation from normal to abnormal in living organism. There are many disease
that affect catfish, it can be cause by internal or external factors.
of the fish.
cause through feed intake, poor water quality e.g. PH, Temperature salinity
turbidity, nutritional deficiency and Pre disposing factor e.g. injure.
pathogenic and nutritional
to be in their non – feeding age, they depend on the left over yolk sac for its
nutrients and this periods the fish air bladder and its internal organs are
develop. Fish from the day of hatching to next four (4) days is regarded as
When the friers have completely feed on their yolk sac, they are now feed with
‘Artemia shell free’. This will
feed on their yolk.
are feed with anthemia and wither foreign food of 0.2mm
I can help you develop a unique business plan tailored to suit your needs.
I will carry out research and develop MBA grade business plan that you can present to a bank or any investor.
- SECTION I – EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- NAME OF BUSINESS / COMPANY
- OFFICE & SITE LOCATION
- MISSION STATEMENT
- SOCIAL/ECONOMIC VALUE
- PROJECT STATUS & START UP
- WHY PREPARE THIS BUSINESS PLAN?
- SECURITIES FOR THE PROPOSED LOAN
- SECTION II – STUDY AREA
- STUDY AREA
- COMPANY OVERVIEW
- MANAGEMENT TEAM
- DEPARTMENTS IN THE COMPANY
- MANAGEMENT TEAM GAPS
- SECTION III – INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- DEFINING YOUR INDUSTRY
- YOUR INDUSTRY SIZE GROWTH RATE AND SALES PROJECTIONS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- MARKET OVERVIEW
- MARKET SEGMENTATION
- RELEVANT MARKET SIZE
- KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- LONG TERM PROSPECTIVE
- MARKET CHARACTERISTICS
- SAMPLING TECHNIQUE
- SECTION IV – CUSTOMER ANALYSIS
- TARGET CUSTOMERS
- CUSTOMER NEEDS
- MARKET NEEDS / SOCIAL PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
- BUYERS BEHAVIOUR
- MARKET SHARE
- SALES FORECASTING
- SECTION V – COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
- DIRECT COMPETITORS
- COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES
- SECTION VI – MARKETING PLAN
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- FINISHED PRODUCTS
- PRODUCT QUALITY AND PRODUCTION QUANTITY
- PRODUCTION CAPACITY
- PROMOTIONS PLAN
- DISTRIBUTION PLAN
- SECTION VII – OPERATIONS PLAN
- GENERAL APPROACH TO PRODUCTION
- TECHNICAL ANALYSIS / PRODUCTION PROCESS
- PACKAGING REQUIREMENTS
- SECTION VIII – FINANCIAL PLAN
- REVENUE MODEL
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- FINANCIAL ASSUMPTIONS
- FINANCE CHARGES
- FINANCIAL PROJECTIONS
- FUNDING REQUIREMENTS/USE OF FUNDS
- CRITICAL ASSUMPTIONS
- FINANCIAL MODELS
- SUMMARY OF PROJECT COST
- BUDGET OF FIXED ASSETS / CAPITAL EXPENSES / INVESTMENTS
- OPERATING EXPENSES (OPEX)
- TOTAL REQUIRED INVESTMENT OUTLAY (REQUIRED START-UP CAPITAL)
- FINANCING PLAN
- INSTALLED / AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT
- BREAK-EVEN ANALYSIS
- LOAN REPAYMENT SCHEDULE AND INTEREST PAID
- FORECAST OF PROFIT AND LOSS
- CASH FLOW
- BALANCE SHEET
- GENERAL ASSUMPTIONS (BREAK EVEN ANALYSIS)
- BUSINESS RATIOS – PROFITABILITY ANALYSIS
- SECTION 3 – APPENDIX
These Feasibility study on poultry farming business (specializing on layers and boilers production), was conducted using projections, impressive publications, compounding interest/values, tables, graph, bar chart, pie chart, profits analysis and cash flow positions in other to give a clear picture of what is obtainable in that location, using eight plots of land, at Esemdiary village, Off Effurun Sapele Road, Okpe LGA of Delta state, Nigeria as a case study.
Esemdiary village is a community in Okpe Local Government Area of Delta State with coordinates 05°26’N 5°57’E, which also plays the host community to the Warri Airport, which is actually located at Osubi.
Okpe Local Government is a territory that used to be part of the original Okpe Kingdom, its headquarters is at Orerokpe, with a population of 128,398 people whose primary occupations include commercial farming, fishing, hunting, trading and gas exploration.
After carrying out the feasibility study on Esemdiary village, Off Effurun-Sapele Road, Okpe LGA of Delta state, Nigeria, it was discovered that, farming generally will do well both on crop and animal production.
- Bank Deposit
- Electronic Fund Transfer or western money transfer
- ATM cash Transfer
This payment method requires the customer to deposit, Electronic
Fund Transfer or ATM cash Transfer directly from his/her account into any of CHRIS FARM NIGERIA bank accounts.
If it is an E-Book, project materials, written project or written feasibility study, it will be sent to your immediately as soon as your transaction reflects in our account.
Please note; it will take ten working days to write (or prepare) a feasibility study or a project on your request.
Our bank details are on the website page, Just click on payment to get them
After placing your order, SMS your payment information (Manual title,
Name on teller, payment teller number, and your e-mail address)
E.g. catfish, Kelechi Bisi Amina,531796,firstname.lastname@example.org
To +2348036925718 or +2348051270981 once I confirm your payment.
The material will be sent to your immediately! By e-mail Trust us 100% to do that.
Advantages of sending your request via email your e-book (electronic book) is downloadable from your e-mail box which allows you to read and print out this book
• Zero shipping costs.
• No wasting time, forget having to wait weeks for postal delivery.
• No risk of products lost in the mail or damaged
Thinking that we might live you after your purchase? Definitely no!
With the CBN policy in Nigeria via bank verification number (BVN), is almost impossible to steal your money from bank transfer or bank payment.
We assure you of maximum support when you need us. Please, do not hesitate to ask us for the way forward.
Get in touch with us today on our phone numbers or send us an email. We await your response……………………….
WRITTEN AND COMPILED BY CHRIS FARM NIGERIA
PHONE: +234(803)-692-5718 or +234(805)-127-0981
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/chrisfarmnigeria
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: www.twitter.com/chrisfarm9ja
- We provide feasibility study/business plan for new and existing businesses
- We help you to recruit staff for your company, firm or organizations
- We help you in registering your company, firm or organizations
- Suppliers of any food stuffs
- Building contractor (especially building houses, constructions of ponds)
- Provides Architect for any design
- Help you in getting loans
- Sales of fingerlings, table size catfish, chicks, Grass-cutters, rabbits, snails, and many more
- Farm design
- Feed formulation for general livestock, including
- Floating/Sinking Fish feed
- Soybean oil processing, Teachings on how to test soybean cake,
- Teaching on how to remove the gummy and unpleasant smell of soybean oil
- Palm Oil/Palm nut cracking
- Fish Farming (Pond Construction and Fingerlings distribution)
- Poultry farm (plus marketing ideas)
- Rabbit farming
- Snail Farming
- Grass-cutter/cane rat Farming
- Commercial Crop Farming
- Handwork/Workshop Plan
- Pure Water Business
- Nylon production
- Professional Website design (cooperate and personal)
- Bulk SMS (plus re-seller website)
- Business Software Design
- Logo design plus company slogan
- Printing Press (Graphic design, lithography, banners, poster, handbills etc)
- Sales of battery cage for livestock farming all over Nigeria
- E-books on; Broilers farming, Layers farming, Grass-cutter farming, Rabbit farming, Pig farming, Catfish farming, and many more……
- How to own, manage, and make millions from catfish production (Most demanded)
- Projecting writing, Sales of written projects, and many more…………