PIG FARMING BUSINESS
Pig farming Business is the raising and breeding of domestic pigs for Money. Furthermore, Pigs are farmed principally for food (e.g. pork, bacon, gammon) and skins. The buying and selling of pigs for food (pork, bacon, gammon) and skins for money is the business aspect.
Furthermore, Pigs are amenable to many different styles of farming: intensive commercial units, commercial free range enterprises, or extensive farming.
PIG FARMING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
Pig farming in Nigeria is becoming very popular day by day. Likewise, it is a wonderful business idea and very profitable. You can get return of your total investment within very short time. Pig farming is very easy and pig meat has a huge global popularity. This is the main reason of increasing this business in Nigeria.
Similarly, Nigeria dependents on the agricultural sector for food. Intuitively, there are various types of agribusiness related to agricultural sector. A combination of these sections contribute to the national income and total economy of Nigeria.
Along with traditional business ideas, pig farming in Nigeria can play an important role in eradicating unemployment, poverty, nutrition lacking and many more. By raising pigs commercially, you can both fulfill your family nutrition demands and earn some extra cash.
Sample On Starting Pig Farming Business
Pig Farmer Assumption
Be A Successful Pig Farmer
Firstly, Let us be of service to you. Better still allow us to lead you on the path to becoming a successful pig farmer. Now let’s get down, get our hands dirty and get into the nitty gritty of setting up your own pig farming business. Before you would ever think of going to purchasing your little piglets for stocking. You should give the first priority to a secured farming premises and some of these outlined activities below.
CONSTRUCT A SECURED BREEDING GROUND
Choosing a Rural Area
ACCESS TO CLEAN WATER
ACCESS TO TRANSPORT FACILITIES
ENVISAGE THE FUTURE OF THE BUSINESS
Assumption On Piglet Stocking
BUILD STANDARD PENS
Important Points to Note for Pig Housing
Firstly, Construct shed on dry and properly raised ground.
Avoid water – logging, marshy and heavy rainfall areas.
The side walls of the sheds should be 4 – 5 ft. high and remaining height should be fitted with pipes or wooden poles.
Likewise, the walls should be plastered to make them damp proof.
The roof should be at least 8 – 10 ft. high.
Also, the pig sty should be well ventilated.
Likewise, the floor should be concrete/hard , even, non – slippery, impervious, well sloped (3 cm per metre) and properly drained to remain dry and clean.
A feed trough space of 6 – 12 inches per pig should be provided. The corners of feed troughs, drains and walls should be rounded for easy cleaning.
Provide adequate open space for each animal which should be double of covered area
Lastly, Provide proper shade and cool drinking water during hot seasons.
Deep Litter Pig Housing
Advantages Of Deep Litter Housing
- Firstly, deep litter housing is well suited for high rainfall and high altitude area.
- Secondly, the floor of the pen remains clean and dry due to the sawdust.
- The pig house also provides better micro – environment both summer and winter, better physiological adaptation.
- Lastly, this model provide 2 – 3 times higher manure than that conventional concrete floor pigpen
Buy Healthy Piglets
- Glossy coat
- Good temperament ( watch out for aggressive piglets and be avoid them like a plague )
- Also, having good appetite
- Clear bright eyes
- Lastly, Check for any sign of muscular cramps or pains and avoid such piglets.
Some Popular Breeds In Nigeria To Choose From Are;
- local breeds of white, brown, and black colored pigs.
- Common foreign breeds are: Hampshire, Hereford pig, American Yorkshire, Berkshire pig, Landrace, Tamworth pig, Duroc, Mulefoot pig, and a few others.
- Every farming business is a learning curve. So I usually advice young entrepreneurs who want to go into piggery business to start small. Then, grow along the learning curve. This way, you will be able to learn the highs and lows of the business and should anything go wrong at this stage, your risk will be very minimal.
- This is one of the reason am giving you an editable free pig farming business plan to adequately plan your farm and forecast its yearly growth.
- Also, talk To Veterinary Doctor – You need the services of vet doctors especially as a young pig farmer, as you gain more experience in the business, you would not be needing them as much.
- Finally, Vet doctors would help you to perform regular check up and vaccination as well as feeding and nutrition advice. Lastly, Pigs generally eats what human being eat and doe not present much worries when it comes to feed.
How To Take Care Of Farm Pigs
- Firstly, good health care.
- Secondly, good/ Proper housing and
- Lastly, good diet.
We Shall Now Talk About These Three Vital Aspects Of Caring For Farm Pigs.
Good Health Care
Good/ Proper Housing
If the winter temperatures in your area drop much below 60 degrees Fahrenheit, you will need to offer supplemental heating, such as a heat lamp or heated floor mat.
If you want to reduce considerably, the number of times a vet doctor visit your pig farm then you have to pay attention to the quality of food you are feeding your swine. A little while we shall discuss how to formulate your own pig feeds, pigs can however, benefit from a wide variety of diet types including pasture, wooded lots, scrap vegetables, whey, other dairy and day old bread, remnants from restaurants all of which can reduce their need for grain. The food you offer your pigs can affect how its meat taste.
OTHER PIG MANAGEMENT PRACTICE
Common Pig Disease And Treatments
Generally, Symptoms Of Illness In Pig Is Characterized By The Following
Loss of appetite,
Refusal to move or sluggish movement, Rough body coat,
Also, constipation or diarrhea,
Dull skin and hair,
Lastly, Separates itself from the rest etc.
Tick and lice
Notable infectious diseases of pigs
Respiratory disorder/ Pneumonia
Colibacillosis (piglet diarrhoea)
HOW TO FORMULATE YOUR OWN PIG FEED
HOW TO MARKET MATURED PIGS
How To Determine Pig Price Price In Nigeria
As at the time of writing this post, the price pig in Nigeria per kilogram is about N550-N700 ( $2 – $2.5)
- A business plan,
- Money and the passion to succeed in this business.
- You should also learn a thing or two from other more experienced farmers in your area.
- Having a concrete plan is very invaluable if you really want to have a successful pig farm.
Contact us today to let’s help you go into Fishery (Fish Farming Business)
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We can carry out research and develop MBA grade business plans that you can present to a bank or investor. Intuitively, Chris Farm Nigeria develops well self-explanatory, irresistible feasibility studies or business plan for your Business start ups, Business Growth or Expansions through either personal funds, Grants, or loans, which could be new or existing ones. We delight in writing for people under Academic sectors, production sectors, manufacturing sectors, processing or packing sectors, advertising sectors, marketing sectors and other related sectors on mini, middle and large scale businesses.
For your Agribusiness, either production, processing, marketing of any Agro-industry, our feasibility studies or business plan are explicit.
General Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Intuitively, our feasibility study and business plans are explicit. Likewise, becomes irresistible when you show them to your investors or sponsors. It gives you a clear picture of what you are to see. Especially, when you put the feasibility study or business plans into use.
More Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Similarly, it shows how much it will cost you to own your desired business, what your money can afford. The kinds of product you will need to minimize input in other to maximize output. Likewise, how much returns you will get at the end of each accounting year until your business break-even on its initial investment capital. Lastly, this will give the intending business person or investor or farmer, a vivid idea on the possible benefit he or she stands to gain, when he or she starts doing the business. However, the intending business person or investor or farmer will not need a soothsayer to make decision for him or her.
CLICK HERE to see what our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Reports has for you.
Intuitively, Our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Report has a unique content. Take a look at our it. Finally, be rest assured that we give you what you want if you place and order. For easy understand of your idea, Call us or send us an email for your request. And you will be Glad you did.
Pay For Any Service Via Clicking PAYMENT On the Menu
Finally, Know more about Catfish Farming Business by ordering for this book for just Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
PRICE TAG: N10, 000.00
Mobile Fish Ponds For Sale All Over Nigeria
Furthermore, Fish Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Tips is a Simple guide For All Fish Farmers. As a matter of fact, Chris farm Nigeria welcomes you on Fish Ponds or Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Section. This is where we talk about Modern Fish Farming. Join our Facebook Niche Here