to own a mega fish farm begins with knowing the necessary condition for sitting
up a fish farm business. Everything in life once has a beginning, and beginning
a thing that has a future must begins with a focus mind. Before you could own
and manage a fish farm, there are some sine qua non that must be put in place
before venturing into it. Some of these are;
of fish seed
of fish feed
CARRYING OUT FEASIBILITY STUDY IN AN AREA THIS
CONDITIONS MUST BE SATISFIED
fish farming the area or location plays an important role in deciding the type
of pond to be constructed. For example an area with swampy environment is
useful in fish farming but the suitable pond to be constructed is earthen pond.
When the site located for fish farm is swampy, earthen pond will be the most
fitted. When the site located is not swampy but the soil has a high water
retaining capacity, earthen pond can also be ideal for such site.
A bushy forest with lot of trees may cost a lot of money and must be avoided if
the chosen site has water, it will be of more advantage.
Earthen pond is cheaper to construct and has high productivity in terms of fish
culture. When there is a nearby flowing stream close to the site can be diverted
and as water source and can be built a flow through pond system which is more
intensive and has high production level in terms of fast growing of the
AVAILABILITY OF WATER
own and manage a fish farm effectively, water must be considered first. Fishes
are aquatic animals and they depend on water for their survival. These water
can come from; rivers, stream, lake, spring, boreholes or even wells. Always
remember that the quality of the water must be put into consideration (that is,
must be free from pollutant, colour, small and taste) before establishing a
A pond is an artificial habitat
made by man to culture aquatic life. In the contact of fishery, it is an
artificial habitat made my man to culture aquatic animals (fish). It is properly
designed and constructed to suit the domestication of fish.
If you are choosing a water
logged environment as a result of high cost of land acquisition, it is
necessary to use the earthen pond system because it is cheaper and more
economical. Concrete pond can be constructed or built in any chosen site apart
from heavy swampy area to avoid high cost in construction. In building or
constructing concrete pond, the farmer should make provision for bore hole for
water supply or alternatively buy water. A little or total shade must be
AVAILABILITY OF FISH SEEDS
Before going into the fish farm business,
you must consider the availability of seeds. There are different types of fish
seed (fries/ fingerings) that are available in the market or even in the
natural environment. The choices are dependent on the kind of fish you want to
Note: The fish
seeds must be the fast growing type so that you can start making sales at least
by seven months time for maximum return (profit)
The size of your fish farm is
dependent on the availability of fund you can input. The bigger the input the
greater the output (income) you earn.
AVAILABILITY OF FISH FEED
For your fish to grow well, they
need adequate feed. Farm should be located in an area where there are availability
fish feed will not be a problem.
AVAILABILITY OF MARKET
Fish farm should be located in an
area where marketing of harvested fishes will pose little or no problem to the
producer. Areas where there are high populations will provide a faster and a
better market for the producer.
NOTE; if you site your fish farm
in a rural or underdeveloped area, the producers will be faced with marketing
problem. The buyers from developed city may not want to pay the going market
price for your product. Some many even insist that for them to come and buy
from you, you will bear the cost of transportation, or provide the transport
for evacuating the fish to the market. This is an additional cost that will
further reduce your profit. During raining seasons, it may become more
difficult for buyers to get to the location. So, it’s better and more
profitable to site your fish farm in a developing or developed city for maximum
AVAILABILITY OF LABOUR
The type of fish farming system
you are operating will determine the number of laborers’ that will be needed. A
modern fish farm does not need too much people.
The hatchery location should not
be too far from the farm, especially when the farm is not into hatchery or
spawning. Fingerlings are very fragile and these leads to death when moving
fingerlings from the hatchery location to the nursery pond.
I can help you develop a unique business plan tailored to suit your needs.
I will carry out research and develop MBA grade business plan that you can present to a bank or any investor.
- SECTION I – EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- NAME OF BUSINESS / COMPANY
- OFFICE & SITE LOCATION
- MISSION STATEMENT
- SOCIAL/ECONOMIC VALUE
- PROJECT STATUS & START UP
- WHY PREPARE THIS BUSINESS PLAN?
- SECURITIES FOR THE PROPOSED LOAN
- SECTION II – STUDY AREA
- STUDY AREA
- COMPANY OVERVIEW
- MANAGEMENT TEAM
- DEPARTMENTS IN THE COMPANY
- MANAGEMENT TEAM GAPS
- SECTION III – INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- DEFINING YOUR INDUSTRY
- YOUR INDUSTRY SIZE GROWTH RATE AND SALES PROJECTIONS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- MARKET OVERVIEW
- MARKET SEGMENTATION
- RELEVANT MARKET SIZE
- KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- LONG TERM PROSPECTIVE
- MARKET CHARACTERISTICS
- SAMPLING TECHNIQUE
- SECTION IV – CUSTOMER ANALYSIS
- TARGET CUSTOMERS
- CUSTOMER NEEDS
- MARKET NEEDS / SOCIAL PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
- BUYERS BEHAVIOUR
- MARKET SHARE
- SALES FORECASTING
- SECTION V – COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
- DIRECT COMPETITORS
- COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES
- SECTION VI – MARKETING PLAN
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- FINISHED PRODUCTS
- PRODUCT QUALITY AND PRODUCTION QUANTITY
- PRODUCTION CAPACITY
- PROMOTIONS PLAN
- DISTRIBUTION PLAN
- SECTION VII – OPERATIONS PLAN
- GENERAL APPROACH TO PRODUCTION
- TECHNICAL ANALYSIS / PRODUCTION PROCESS
- PACKAGING REQUIREMENTS
- SECTION VIII – FINANCIAL PLAN
- REVENUE MODEL
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- FINANCIAL ASSUMPTIONS
- FINANCE CHARGES
- FINANCIAL PROJECTIONS
- FUNDING REQUIREMENTS/USE OF FUNDS
- CRITICAL ASSUMPTIONS
- FINANCIAL MODELS
- SUMMARY OF PROJECT COST
- BUDGET OF FIXED ASSETS / CAPITAL EXPENSES / INVESTMENTS
- OPERATING EXPENSES (OPEX)
- TOTAL REQUIRED INVESTMENT OUTLAY (REQUIRED START-UP CAPITAL)
- FINANCING PLAN
- INSTALLED / AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT
- BREAK-EVEN ANALYSIS
- LOAN REPAYMENT SCHEDULE AND INTEREST PAID
- FORECAST OF PROFIT AND LOSS
- CASH FLOW
- BALANCE SHEET
- GENERAL ASSUMPTIONS (BREAK EVEN ANALYSIS)
- BUSINESS RATIOS – PROFITABILITY ANALYSIS
- SECTION 3 – APPENDIX
These Feasibility study on poultry farming business (specializing on layers and boilers production), was conducted using projections, impressive publications, compounding interest/values, tables, graph, bar chart, pie chart, profits analysis and cash flow positions in other to give a clear picture of what is obtainable in that location, using eight plots of land, at Esemdiary village, Off Effurun Sapele Road, Okpe LGA of Delta state, Nigeria as a case study.
Esemdiary village is a community in Okpe Local Government Area of Delta State with coordinates 05°26’N 5°57’E, which also plays the host community to the Warri Airport, which is actually located at Osubi.
Okpe Local Government is a territory that used to be part of the original Okpe Kingdom, its headquarters is at Orerokpe, with a population of 128,398 people whose primary occupations include commercial farming, fishing, hunting, trading and gas exploration.
After carrying out the feasibility study on Esemdiary village, Off Effurun-Sapele Road, Okpe LGA of Delta state, Nigeria, it was discovered that, farming generally will do well both on crop and animal production.
- Bank Deposit
- Electronic Fund Transfer or western money transfer
- ATM cash Transfer
This payment method requires the customer to deposit, Electronic
Fund Transfer or ATM cash Transfer directly from his/her account into any of CHRIS FARM NIGERIA bank accounts.
If it is an E-Book, project materials, written project or written feasibility study, it will be sent to your immediately as soon as your transaction reflects in our account.
Please note; it will take ten working days to write (or prepare) a feasibility study or a project on your request.
Our bank details are on the website page, Just click on payment to get them
After placing your order, SMS your payment information (Manual title,
Name on teller, payment teller number, and your e-mail address)
E.g. catfish, Kelechi Bisi Amina,531796,firstname.lastname@example.org
To +2348036925718 or +2348051270981 once I confirm your payment.
The material will be sent to your immediately! By e-mail Trust us 100% to do that.
Advantages of sending your request via email your e-book (electronic book) is downloadable from your e-mail box which allows you to read and print out this book
• Zero shipping costs.
• No wasting time, forget having to wait weeks for postal delivery.
• No risk of products lost in the mail or damaged
Thinking that we might live you after your purchase? Definitely no!
With the CBN policy in Nigeria via bank verification number (BVN), is almost impossible to steal your money from bank transfer or bank payment.
We assure you of maximum support when you need us. Please, do not hesitate to ask us for the way forward.
Get in touch with us today on our phone numbers or send us an email. We await your response……………………….
WRITTEN AND COMPILED BY CHRIS FARM NIGERIA
PHONE: +234(803)-692-5718 or +234(805)-127-0981
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/chrisfarmnigeria
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: www.twitter.com/chrisfarm9ja
- We provide feasibility study/business plan for new and existing businesses
- We help you to recruit staff for your company, firm or organizations
- We help you in registering your company, firm or organizations
- Suppliers of any food stuffs
- Building contractor (especially building houses, constructions of ponds)
- Provides Architect for any design
- Help you in getting loans
- Sales of fingerlings, table size catfish, chicks, Grass-cutters, rabbits, snails, and many more
- Farm design
- Feed formulation for general livestock, including
- Floating/Sinking Fish feed
- Soybean oil processing, Teachings on how to test soybean cake,
- Teaching on how to remove the gummy and unpleasant smell of soybean oil
- Palm Oil/Palm nut cracking
- Fish Farming (Pond Construction and Fingerlings distribution)
- Poultry farm (plus marketing ideas)
- Rabbit farming
- Snail Farming
- Grass-cutter/cane rat Farming
- Commercial Crop Farming
- Handwork/Workshop Plan
- Pure Water Business
- Nylon production
- Professional Website design (cooperate and personal)
- Bulk SMS (plus re-seller website)
- Business Software Design
- Logo design plus company slogan
- Printing Press (Graphic design, lithography, banners, poster, handbills etc)
- Sales of battery cage for livestock farming all over Nigeria
- E-books on; Broilers farming, Layers farming, Grass-cutter farming, Rabbit farming, Pig farming, Catfish farming, and many more……
- How to own, manage, and make millions from catfish production (Most demanded)
- Projecting writing, Sales of written projects, and many more…………