although they are something’s seen
and hearing, and feed on a variety of grasses
SPECIES OF RABBIT
- New Zealand
- Flemish giants
grey giant and white giant
- Black blown
- Rabbits are prolific and will
breed all year round in a well-managed rabbit cage or pen.
- Does have been known to kindle
up to 23 young at one time. The average is eight.
- Rabbits usually have 4 to 5
litters per year. With proper management, rabbits can be kindled more
- The young are ready for market
at 4 to 5 pounds. With proper care and feeding, they will be 8 weeks old
or less at this stage.
- Rabbits have an efficient feed
conversion ratio, which is the amount of feed consumed per pound of gain.
- A doe can produce up to 10
times its own weight, or more, in offspring per year.
- Rabbit meat is one of the most
nutritious meats available. It is highest in protein, lowest in fat and
cholesterol, has the least number of calories per pound and has only 8
in any breeding operation, you should always breed from good stock.
- Generally, small breeds mature
earlier than larger ones. Polish can usually be bred at 4 months; medium
weight rabbits at 6 to 7 months; and giants at 9 to 12 months. Many
commercial breeders, however, begin breeding successfully at 5 months.
- The normal estrus cycle is 16
to 18 days, with 2 infertile days at the beginning and the end when the
doe lacks interest in the buck. Rabbits are induced ovulators and
ovulation occurs only after mating.
- The doe should always be taken
to the male’s hutch for breeding. If she does not mate within a few
minutes, she should be removed and returned later. Does will show a false
pregnancy following unsuccessful mating This false pregnancy lasts 17
days, and the doe will not breed during this period. For this reason, most
commercial breeders will generally re breed the doe on the 18th day.
- Bucks should be used no more
than 2 or 3 times per week, although they can be successfully used several
times per day for short periods. As a general rule, one buck should be
maintained for every 20 does.
- The most important factor is to
keep animals in top body condition. Overweight animals produce
unsuccessful mating and poor litter quality.
- The normal gestation period is
31 days and the doe will usually eat less 2 or 3 days before kindling. The
nest box should be placed in the hutch on the 28th to 29th day. The nest
box is kept out of the hutch until this time to avoid contamination by the
doe. Most litters will be kindled at night, and the doe should not be
disturbed while kindling. If the doe is not given seclusion, she will
destroy the litter. After the litter is kindled, the doe pulls more fur
from her body to make a nest. This plucking of fur is in no way harmful,
except the doe’s immediate appearance. Many breeders will keep several
nest boxes with clean fur for first litter does and other does that do not
pull enough to make a good nest.
- The average litter size is 8,
but it can range all the way from 4 to 14 or more. Since the average doe
is equipped to nurse approximately 8 young, it is a common practice to
breed several does at the same time, and then transfer young from the
large litters to the small ones 2 or 3 days after kindling to even out the
can begin. Indiscriminate use of antibiotics is not a satisfactory substitute
for sound disease prevention practices. Some of the more common health problems
are discussed in the next few paragraphs.
- Diarrhea: This disease is often
referred to as bloat, scours, mucoid enteritis or diarrhea. It accounts
for a high percentage of death in young rabbits. Greatest mortality occurs
in age groups 5 to 9 weeks, just before or after weaning. The disease does
not confer immunity and its cause is unknown.
- Tapeworm Infestation: Rabbits
are intermediate hosts for two tapeworms of the dog. The rabbit is also an
intermediate host for tapeworm in the cat. Dogs and cats should not be
allowed near the rabbits’ feed, water and bedding as they transmit tapeworm
eggs in their feces. Dogs and cats should not eat the intestines of
rabbits because they may become infected and continue the cycle of
- Slobbers: Excessive saliva is
produced by young animals. It is caused by feeding too many greens.
- Sore Hocks: Sores appear on the
hocks and rabbits sit humped and appear listless. It is due to an
infection and inflammation of the foot pad.
- Sore Eyes (Weepy Eyes):
Infected animals have a watery, milky discharge around the eyes due to a
vitamin A deficiency, infection or injury.
- Vent Disease (Rabbit Syphilis): Infected animals have a rawness around the vent which may be
swollen and covered with scabs. The organism is spread in breeding.
Isolate infected animals, remove scabs and apply antibiotic ointment daily.
- SECTION I – EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- NAME OF BUSINESS / COMPANY
- OFFICE & SITE LOCATION
- MISSION STATEMENT
- SOCIAL/ECONOMIC VALUE
- PROJECT STATUS & START UP
- WHY PREPARE THIS BUSINESS PLAN?
- SECURITIES FOR THE PROPOSED LOAN
- SECTION II – STUDY AREA
- STUDY AREA
- COMPANY OVERVIEW
- MANAGEMENT TEAM
- DEPARTMENTS IN THE COMPANY
- MANAGEMENT TEAM GAPS
- SECTION III – INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- DEFINING YOUR INDUSTRY
- YOUR INDUSTRY SIZE GROWTH RATE AND SALES PROJECTIONS
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- MARKET OVERVIEW
- MARKET SEGMENTATION
- RELEVANT MARKET SIZE
- KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- LONG TERM PROSPECTIVE
- MARKET CHARACTERISTICS
- SAMPLING TECHNIQUE
- SECTION IV – CUSTOMER ANALYSIS
- TARGET CUSTOMERS
- CUSTOMER NEEDS
- MARKET NEEDS / SOCIAL PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
- BUYERS BEHAVIOUR
- MARKET SHARE
- SALES FORECASTING
- SECTION V – COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
- DIRECT COMPETITORS
- COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES
- SECTION VI – MARKETING PLAN
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- FINISHED PRODUCTS
- PRODUCT QUALITY AND PRODUCTION QUANTITY
- PRODUCTION CAPACITY
- PROMOTIONS PLAN
- DISTRIBUTION PLAN
- SECTION VII – OPERATIONS PLAN
- GENERAL APPROACH TO PRODUCTION
- TECHNICAL ANALYSIS / PRODUCTION PROCESS
- PACKAGING REQUIREMENTS
- SECTION VIII – FINANCIAL PLAN
- REVENUE MODEL
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- FINANCIAL ASSUMPTIONS
- FINANCE CHARGES
- FINANCIAL PROJECTIONS
- FUNDING REQUIREMENTS/USE OF FUNDS
- CRITICAL ASSUMPTIONS
- FINANCIAL MODELS
- SUMMARY OF PROJECT COST
- BUDGET OF FIXED ASSETS / CAPITAL EXPENSES / INVESTMENTS
- OPERATING EXPENSES (OPEX)
- TOTAL REQUIRED INVESTMENT OUTLAY (REQUIRED START-UP CAPITAL)
- FINANCING PLAN
- INSTALLED / AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT
- BREAK-EVEN ANALYSIS
- LOAN REPAYMENT SCHEDULE AND INTEREST PAID
- FORECAST OF PROFIT AND LOSS
- CASH FLOW
- BALANCE SHEET
- GENERAL ASSUMPTIONS (BREAK EVEN ANALYSIS)
- BUSINESS RATIOS – PROFITABILITY ANALYSIS
- SECTION 3 – APPENDIX
- Bank Deposit
- Electronic Fund Transfer or western money transfer
- ATM cash Transfer
- We provide feasibility study/business plan for new and existing businesses
- We help you to recruit staff for your company, firm or organizations
- We help you in registering your company, firm or organizations
- Suppliers of any food stuffs
- Building contractor (especially building houses, constructions of ponds)
- Provides Architect for any design
- Help you in getting loans
- Sales of fingerlings, table size catfish, chicks, Grass-cutters, rabbits, snails, and many more
- Farm design
- Feed formulation for general livestock, including
- Floating/Sinking Fish feed
- Soybean oil processing, Teachings on how to test soybean cake,
- Teaching on how to remove the gummy and unpleasant smell of soybean oil
- Palm Oil/Palm nut cracking
- Fish Farming (Pond Construction and Fingerlings distribution)
- Poultry farm (plus marketing ideas)
- Rabbit farming
- Snail Farming
- Grass-cutter/cane rat Farming
- Commercial Crop Farming
- Handwork/Workshop Plan
- Pure Water Business
- Nylon production
- Professional Website design (cooperate and personal)
- Bulk SMS (plus re-seller website)
- Business Software Design
- Logo design plus company slogan
- Printing Press (Graphic design, lithography, banners, poster, handbills etc)
- Sales of battery cage for livestock farming all over Nigeria
- E-books on; Broilers farming, Layers farming, Grass-cutter farming, Rabbit farming, Pig farming, Catfish farming, and many more……
- How to own, manage, and make millions from catfish production (Most demanded)
- Projecting writing, Sales of written projects, and many more…………
I can help you develop a unique business plan tailored to suit your needs.
I will carry out research and develop MBA grade business plan that you can present to a bank or any investor.
These Feasibility study on poultry farming business (specializing on layers and boilers production), was conducted using projections, impressive publications, compounding interest/values, tables, graph, bar chart, pie chart, profits analysis and cash flow positions in other to give a clear picture of what is obtainable in that location, using eight plots of land, at Esemdiary village, Off Effurun Sapele Road, Okpe LGA of Delta state, Nigeria as a case study.
Esemdiary village is a community in Okpe Local Government Area of Delta State with coordinates 05°26’N 5°57’E, which also plays the host community to the Warri Airport, which is actually located at Osubi.
Okpe Local Government is a territory that used to be part of the original Okpe Kingdom, its headquarters is at Orerokpe, with a population of 128,398 people whose primary occupations include commercial farming, fishing, hunting, trading and gas exploration.
After carrying out the feasibility study on Esemdiary village, Off Effurun-Sapele Road, Okpe LGA of Delta state, Nigeria, it was discovered that, farming generally will do well both on crop and animal production.
This payment method requires the customer to deposit, Electronic
Fund Transfer or ATM cash Transfer directly from his/her account into any of CHRIS FARM NIGERIA bank accounts.
If it is an E-Book, project materials, written project or written feasibility study, it will be sent to your immediately as soon as your transaction reflects in our account.
Please note; it will take ten working days to write (or prepare) a feasibility study or a project on your request.
Our bank details are on the website page, Just click on payment to get them
After placing your order, SMS your payment information (Manual title,
Name on teller, payment teller number, and your e-mail address)
E.g. catfish, Kelechi Bisi Amina,531796,email@example.com
To +2348036925718 or +2348051270981 once I confirm your payment.
The material will be sent to your immediately! By e-mail Trust us 100% to do that.
Advantages of sending your request via email your e-book (electronic book) is downloadable from your e-mail box which allows you to read and print out this book
• Zero shipping costs.
• No wasting time, forget having to wait weeks for postal delivery.
• No risk of products lost in the mail or damaged
Thinking that we might live you after your purchase? Definitely no!
With the CBN policy in Nigeria via bank verification number (BVN), is almost impossible to steal your money from bank transfer or bank payment.
We assure you of maximum support when you need us. Please, do not hesitate to ask us for the way forward.
Get in touch with us today on our phone numbers or send us an email. We await your response……………………….
WRITTEN AND COMPILED BY CHRIS FARM NIGERIA
PHONE: +234(803)-692-5718 or +234(805)-127-0981
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/chrisfarmnigeria
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: www.twitter.com/chrisfarm9ja