Turkey Farming/Business Plans
More on Turkey Farming
Starting A Turkey Farming Business
Good Turkey Breeds
Housing & Fencing in Turkey Farming/Business Plans
- Protect them from predators and harmful animals
- 75 feet * 75 feet space is suitable for accommodating for up to 12 birds.
- Never let the turkeys to graze in the pasture until they reach grazing age.
- Using wooden litter is very effective for turkey farming.
- Make sure sufficient flow of fresh air and light inside the house.
- Make proper ventilation system.
- Make the pen spacious enough for cleaning regularly.
- In case of fencing, make it as high as possible.Turkeys are far stronger and big than other birds. So, make the fencing with strong materials.
Feeding & Watering in Turkey Farming/Business Plans
- Feeding is the most important aspect of Turkey farming. Carbohydrates and fats can increase the energy of fowl. They can get the correct amount of nutrients from a balanced ration of feeds. When the fowls are fed fat feeds, they can proportionally increase in size. Although their strength depends on the carbohydrate feed they consume. The larger the turkey is, the more the energy it will take to maintain the body and also to produce eggs.
- Turkeys generally eat a lot. It is preferable you raise the tom turkey as they are more likely to give you quick return for your money. They are very strong, disease-resistant, and in a space of 2 eight weeks, could grow larger than other specie variety. Also they fairly reflect whatever you feed them. A tom of up to eighteen pounds could require just forty two pounds of feed.
- Furthermore, water should be readily available as turkeys can be the highest water drinkers on the poultry farm.
- Turkey needs more protein in their food for the first few weeks than other domestic birds. The protein in poultry feed should be at least 28 percent. You can go with chick starter which contain about 28 percent of protein. Feed the turkey with chick starter for first six weeks. After that period, you can feed them with grower feed. Grower feed contains 20 percent protein. The amount of protein in turkey feed is higher than chickens or other poultry birds feed.
Care & Management
- Always try to keep your birds in healthy environment and learn more about turkey farming and how to prevent health problems.
- Use a vaccination programme like that of broiler birds.
- Never feed your birds with contaminated feed and water. Always provide them clean and fresh water.
- Keep sufficient space inside the house.
- And lastly, take good care of your birds.
Potential Benefits in Turkey Farming
- Starting a turkey farming business in Nigeria isn’t overly capital intensive as other animal husbandry businesses.
- The more the local production of turkey, the less the need to import. (As some still import frozen turkey into the country illegally).
- Turkeys are not the most difficult animals to rear; in fact, with the right facilities, they can be the easiest to manage.
- If instructions are followed properly, and adequate facilities provided, turkeys are the kind of animals that can give you maximum ROI.
- Turkeys don’t need much market persuasion and cajoling, as you can sell of as many as 30 mature turkeys in one day if you get your targets right.
- The ROI on turkey farming in Nigeria is really worth the time, effort and every other form of investments put in it.
Risks Involved in Turkey Farming
- If the poultry is not well protected, your biggest threat would be snakes that’ll keep eating the eggs or killing the fowls.
- Soldier ants, bush rats, and other rodents can also be a threat to your turkey farming business.
- Unhygienic poultry could lead to infections and the delicate part is that diseases spread faster amidst turkeys than most other poultry animals.
- Improper feeding would make your turkeys less preferred to others from other farms, so you must be ready to spend on feeding.
Mini Feasibility Study on Turkey Farming
Summary on Turkey farming
Contact Us Today, Let’s Help You Prepare An Irresistible Business Plan And A Feasibility Study Report
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We can carry out research and develop MBA grade business plans that you can present to a bank or investor. Intuitively, Chris Farm Nigeria develops well self-explanatory, irresistible feasibility studies or business plan for your Business start ups, Business Growth or Expansions through either personal funds, Grants, or loans, which could be new or existing ones. We delight in writing for people under Academic sectors, production sectors, manufacturing sectors, processing or packing sectors, advertising sectors, marketing sectors and other related sectors on mini, middle and large scale businesses.
For your Agribusiness, either production, processing, marketing of any Agro-industry, our feasibility studies or business plan are explicit.
General Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Intuitively, our feasibility study and business plans are explicit. Likewise, becomes irresistible when you show them to your investors or sponsors. It gives you a clear picture of what you are to see. Especially, when you put the feasibility study or business plans into use.
More Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Similarly, it shows how much it will cost you to own your desired business, what your money can afford. The kinds of product you will need to minimize input in other to maximize output. Likewise, how much returns you will get at the end of each accounting year until your business break-even on its initial investment capital. Lastly, this will give the intending business person or investor or farmer, a vivid idea on the possible benefit he or she stands to gain, when he or she starts doing the business. However, the intending business person or investor or farmer will not need a soothsayer to make decision for him or her.
CLICK HERE to see what our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Reports has for you.
Intuitively, Our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Report has a unique content. Take a look at our it. Finally, be rest assured that we give you what you want if you place an order. For easy understand of your idea, Call us or send us an email for your request. And you will be Glad you did.
Pay For Any Service Via Clicking PAYMENT On the Menu
Finally, Know more about Catfish Farming Business by ordering for this book for just Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
PRICE TAG: N10, 000.00
Mobile Fish Ponds For Sale All Over Nigeria
Furthermore, Fish Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Tips is a Simple guide For All Fish Farmers. As a matter of fact, Chris farm Nigeria welcomes you on Fish Ponds or Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Section. This is where we talk about Modern Fish Farming. Join our Facebook Niche Here