Millet Farming Business Plans and Feasibility Study
Uses of Millet
Reasons For Millet Farming / Business Plans And Feasibility Study
- It is highly demanded
- Millet is sold cheap as such both the poor and rich can purchase. It is a good source of income
- Livestock farming is on the increase and many farmers will need it for their animals.
USES OF MILLET
- Use for food such as porridge
- It is eaten with milk and sugar, the Hausas call it kunun chafa. In Mali about 40% of cereal eaten is millet while in Senegal it is 65%. Nigeria, Namibia, Niger also eat millet in high quantity.
- Millet is used for alcoholic production
- As a feed for farm animals but the contain less dry matter.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MILLET
- millet is very high in protein (about 15% higher than other grains
- Rich in Vitamins B such as niacin, folacin, thiamine, and riboflavin they are all good for the liver. Niacin in millet can help lower cholesterol.
- High antioxidants; contains important minerals like zinc
- Millet consumption decreases triglycerides and creative proteins
- Helps in constipation by rehydrating the colon
- Good for vegetarians.Millet is a smart carb with lots of fibre
- Magnesium in millet can help reduce the effects of migraines and heart attacks.
- Millet is alkaline and digests easily. It is gluten-free and non-allergic. Good for sensitive persons with stomach ulcer.
- High in iron,phosphorus, magnesium, manganese and potassium
- Source of essential amino acids, methionine,
- Reduces cancer risk
- Clear the soil of grasses and trees you van use plough to loosen the soil if it is a large commercial millet farming. But for subsistence millet farming you can use spade to loosen the soil. Make ridges if that’s what you but millet can be planted on a level ground. Although millet can grow in a non fertile soil but will rather perform excellently well when the soil is highly fertile with good moisture. Use a well-drained sandy loam soil rich in organic matter.
- Mix the soil up with manure it could be animal dung or compost to enrich the land for planting.
- Millet can be propagated either by drilling method or dibbling method. For dibbling 3.5 kg is needed for a hectare while 5 kg is needed for drilling. Planting should be done in late July. Spacing is 40-45 cm within rows and 10-15cm within rows. All the same spacing depends on the variety you are choosing to cultivate.
- Chose the variety that is suitable to your locality, soil and climate. Because these factors will affect the density of millet your farm can support.. The depth should be between 1-3cm into the soil. Millet germination varies but will sprout within 2 weeks.
- produces higher than the others
- Has high disease resistant and
- Good yield
- Infertile soil
- Poor soil
Furthermore, It is cheap and has long storage time. Finger millet is propagated mostly by subsistence millet farmers.
- Golden millet
- Proso millet
- When the grains becomes hard with moisture you can harvest them. It should be done on time in other not to allow birds destroy the crops. Birds can attack them immediately after attaining maturity. You can cut the whole plant stand or only the ear head. Dry them under the sun for 5-7 days before hauling them.
- Millet matures between 60-70 days and can reach 90 days depending on the variety.
- The yield depends on variety, hybrid can be more than 4 times double that of traditional seeds.
PLANTING MILLET FOR GRAZING
- It is more valuable when young
- More palatable
- And more valuable
- It is suitable for sheep and cattle
- Japanese millet is fast in establishment
- It gives good regrowth and will mature later unlike others
- Very cheap, the sowing rate is 10 kg per hectare
- It can be grazed early.
HOW TO PREPARE MILLET POWDER
- Grind or pound millet seeds by breaking them into pieces
- Sieve it in other to remove the chaff
- soak the ground millet in cold water over night. If you use hot water it will turn to black.
- wash the soaked millet with fresh clean water
- spread them on flat surface on tray, dry it under the sun for a day
- Add black gloves,ginger,small yaji and other spices and ground into powder. It is optional anyway but will give it a nice taste at the end of the day
- sieve again to get rid of any unwanted chaff
- dry again in other to get the flour completely dry
- It will become dry greyish powder with favorable scent that will preserve it for months
- Anytime you want to make porridge, fetch some and make it into a paste just like ogi
- cook with hot water and add sugar
Contact Us Today, Let’s Help You Prepare An Irresistible Business Plan And A Feasibility Study Report
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We can carry out research and develop MBA grade business plans that you can present to a bank or investor. Intuitively, Chris Farm Nigeria develops well self-explanatory, irresistible feasibility studies or business plan for your Business start ups, Business Growth or Expansions through either personal funds, Grants, or loans, which could be new or existing ones. We delight in writing for people under Academic sectors, production sectors, manufacturing sectors, processing or packing sectors, advertising sectors, marketing sectors and other related sectors on mini, middle and large scale businesses.
For your Agribusiness, either production, processing, marketing of any Agro-industry, our feasibility studies or business plan are explicit.
General Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Intuitively, our feasibility study and business plans are explicit. Likewise, becomes irresistible when you show them to your investors or sponsors. It gives you a clear picture of what you are to see. Especially, when you put the feasibility study or business plans into use.
More Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Similarly, it shows how much it will cost you to own your desired business, what your money can afford. The kinds of product you will need to minimize input in other to maximize output. Likewise, how much returns you will get at the end of each accounting year until your business break-even on its initial investment capital. Lastly, this will give the intending business person or investor or farmer, a vivid idea on the possible benefit he or she stands to gain, when he or she starts doing the business. However, the intending business person or investor or farmer will not need a soothsayer to make decision for him or her.
CLICK HERE to see what our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Reports has for you.
Intuitively, Our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Report has a unique content. Take a look at our it. Finally, be rest assured that we give you what you want if you place an order. For easy understand of your idea, Call us or send us an email for your request. And you will be Glad you did.
Pay For Any Service Via Clicking PAYMENT On the Menu
Finally, Know more about Catfish Farming Business by ordering for this book for just Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
PRICE TAG: N10, 000.00
Mobile Fish Ponds For Sale All Over Nigeria
Furthermore, Fish Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Tips is a Simple guide For All Fish Farmers. As a matter of fact, Chris farm Nigeria welcomes you on Fish Ponds or Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Section. This is where we talk about Modern Fish Farming. Join our Facebook Niche Here