Irish Potato Farming Smart Guide / Business Plans
Irish Potato In Africa
More on Irish Potato
Starting Irish Potato Farming
Land Preparation for Irish Potato Farming
Irish Potato Planting
- Planting of Irish potatoes must be done during the early rains, especially around March to April. Potato is planted from the parent tuber that has sprouted into bud. Prepare the seed potato by cutting into smaller sizes about 30-35cm or 35-40cm in size. If the seed is too small it will produce weak plant use mature potato about 1 and ½:inches in diameter Place the seed potato in a warm place between 60-70°F a week to planting.
- They are ready for planting when the sprout is about ¼ – ½ long. Cut the potato into 2 parts with each having 2 buds. Put the cut potato in a place that has room temperature for 2-3days. Before planting rub or dust them in agricultural sulphur this will protect the exposed surface from fungi disease. Bury the seed potato in the furrow about 40cm deep, place the potato seed in the hole with the eyes pointing up. Cover it with sand, make it flat and water. The potato will germinate in 2 weeks by then sprouting will be very well noticeable.
- 5 weeks after planting heap sand around the potato stems. It will help the new potatoes grow out from the planted tubers. Frequently hill the plant so that the new tubers are not exposed to direct sunlight that can turn them green.
VARIETIES IRISH POTATO
MANURE APPLICATION IN IRISH POTATOES
PEST/DISEASES IN IRISH POTATO FARMING
- Furthermore, Pest and diseases starts their activities immediately after germination. Sucking pests such as white flies and aphids affects Irish potato seriously. Others are caterpillar, tuber moth and leaf miner. Potato blight is a fungus disease called Phytophthora infection that affects leaves and stem. Tackled it immediately you noticed their presence any delay will result in 100% damage within 5 days.
- The affected part usually show soaked dark water lesion then after few days the potato plant will appear burnt as if fire was set on it. Always spray fungicide every week. Also apply preventive fungicide when there is high humidity or fluctuating temperature sers in.
- Bacteria wilt causes extensive losses. Use herbicide such as touch down, Sevin an insecticide and neem oil Eelworm can live about 20-30 years. Plant disease and pest resistant variety. Practice rotational farming. Don’t follow potato farm with okra, pepper, egg-plant and tomatoes.
HARVESTING IRISH POTATO
STORAGE OF IRISH POTATO
REASONS FOR IRISH POTATO FARMING
- It is very easy and cheap to plant
- Irish potato farming is very profitable, it sales higher than sweet potato and yam
- The demand for it is increasing by the day.
- It doesn’t require special qualification, anybody can do it.
HEALTH BENEFIT OF IRISH POTATO
- Irish Potatoes doesn’t contain cholesterol nor fat but contains low calories.
- Rich in Vitamin C, B6, Potassium, iron and fibre.
- The fibre helps blood cholesterol level.
- The potassium content helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Maintains brain and nervous health system because of Vitamin B6.
IRISH POTATO SACK FARMING
Contact Us Today, Let’s Help You Prepare An Irresistible Business Plan And A Feasibility Study Report
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We can carry out research and develop MBA grade business plans that you can present to a bank or investor. Intuitively, Chris Farm Nigeria develops well self-explanatory, irresistible feasibility studies or business plan for your Business start ups, Business Growth or Expansions through either personal funds, Grants, or loans, which could be new or existing ones. We delight in writing for people under Academic sectors, production sectors, manufacturing sectors, processing or packing sectors, advertising sectors, marketing sectors and other related sectors on mini, middle and large scale businesses.
For your Agribusiness, either production, processing, marketing of any Agro-industry, our feasibility studies or business plan are explicit.
General Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Intuitively, our feasibility study and business plans are explicit. Likewise, becomes irresistible when you show them to your investors or sponsors. It gives you a clear picture of what you are to see. Especially, when you put the feasibility study or business plans into use.
More Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Similarly, it shows how much it will cost you to own your desired business, what your money can afford. The kinds of product you will need to minimize input in other to maximize output. Likewise, how much returns you will get at the end of each accounting year until your business break-even on its initial investment capital. Lastly, this will give the intending business person or investor or farmer, a vivid idea on the possible benefit he or she stands to gain, when he or she starts doing the business. However, the intending business person or investor or farmer will not need a soothsayer to make decision for him or her.
CLICK HERE to see what our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Reports has for you.
Intuitively, Our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Report has a unique content. Take a look at our it. Finally, be rest assured that we give you what you want if you place an order. For easy understand of your idea, Call us or send us an email for your request. And you will be Glad you did.
Pay For Any Service Via Clicking PAYMENT On the Menu
Finally, Know more about Catfish Farming Business by ordering for this book for just Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
PRICE TAG: N10, 000.00
Mobile Fish Ponds For Sale All Over Nigeria
Furthermore, Fish Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Tips is a Simple guide For All Fish Farmers. As a matter of fact, Chris farm Nigeria welcomes you on Fish Ponds or Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Section. This is where we talk about Modern Fish Farming. Join our Facebook Niche Here