Smart Social Entrepreneurs $20K Grant
More on Smart Social Entrepreneurs $20K Grant
Grant Competition Rules
- Intuitively, you should have enormous ambition, and can imagine yourself as a successful entrepreneur. You are ready to launch your new venture, and – if a pilot proves successful – you are excited to grow it into a world changing organization.
- If you are still a student or have existing commitments, you should have a clear idea how to transition into a full-time founder.
- Also, D-Prize is exclusively interested in ventures that will scale distribution of an already proven poverty intervention in the developing world. We do not fund prototypes of promising new interventions.
- Firstly, D-Prize challenges are open to anyone or any teams. The sole restriction is that individuals and their immediate family on the judging panel may not participate as a contestant.
- Secondly, D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between). All winners will be awarded up to $20,000. The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant.
- Lastly, Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
Smart Social Entrepreneurs $20K Grant Submission Policies
- Firstly, proposals must be submitted following the instructions in this packet.
- Secondly, extra material outside of the proposal will not be considered.
- Likewise, Revisions to proposals after submission will also not be considered.
- Only one proposal per person or partnership will be considered.
- Also, Proposals must be written in English.
Deadlines and the Prize Process
- Early decision deadline: October 14, 2018 at midnight PT (Pacific Time). Early decision proposals are more likely to advance to the next round, and will have additional time on for the full proposal.
- Regular deadline: November 4, 2018 at midnight PT.
- Extension deadline: November 25, 2018 at midnight PT. Extensions are limited to the first 300 people who register at: www.d-prize.org/extension
Round 2 selection
- Round 2 selection will take up the best entrepreneurs. This top entrepreneurs will be invited to participate in Round 2. They will be asked to draft and submit a full plan of their venture,. This is roughly 10 pages in length plus any desired appendices. Furthermore, the plan will include more details on operations, a budget, milestones, and other items. In like manner, these Participants will receive a Round 2 Proposal Packet with full instructions.
Piloting Winning Ventures
Summary of the stages
- Judging Process; All proposals will receive an initial read from at least two judges, and if advanced will receive up to two additional independent readings.
- We strive to send decisions within three weeks of your submission. Judges may request additional information via email before deciding.
Contestants are evaluated based on:
- Firstly, Passion and potential for candidate’s success, as evident by their academic and professional background, relevant skills, and quick leadership trajectory.
- Furthermore, focus on distribution. Proposals must focus on distributing a proven poverty solution that needs greater access in the developing world.
- Potential for scale, based on the organizational model proposed in the concept note and the entrepreneur’s desire to commit and grow.
- Firstly, be succinct. Successful proposals are objective and to the point. Orient your proposal towards an educated judge who is relatively knowledgeable with the key issues.
- Scale, impact, cost-effectiveness. Successful entrepreneurs will build a plausible case that their intervention is highly scalable, cost-effective, and will lead to enormous impact.
- Lastly, keep within scope. The most successful startups have a narrow focus and avoid spending resources on too many areas. A tightly scoped idea will perform best in this competition.
First Round Proposal
- Please prepare a concept note which responds to the following prompts. Concept notes are limited to two pages. We do not read anything submitted that is longer than two pages.
- Our team is already familiar with D-Prize challenge topics at a macro level, so there is no need to provide a broad explanation of why this is an important problem to solve. For instance, including large statistics, such as the potential global market size, is not necessary.
How does your new organization or venture idea improve distribution of your selected intervention? We recommend writing:
- 2-3 sentences summarizing the main activities of your new organization. For example, you could walk us through step-by-step how you connect a proven intervention to people in need.
Bullet points to further explain
- What are the main barriers that currently prevent people from accessing your proven intervention, specific to your pilot region? For example, one common barrier to accessing a product might be a high upfront cost.
- What is the most fundamental part of your new organization that you need to prove will work during this pilot program? (We think the purpose of a pilot is to test the fundamentals of your business / the basis of your value proposition on a small scale, and we want to know which part of your model you will focus on).
- 1-2 sentences summarizing your marginal impact (ie, the impact you will make compared to the status quo) at a high level, and at a individual or household level. For example, your work might reduce the rates of HIV infections by X% countrywide; and for an individual, could save 7 Days (disability adjusted life years, which is a way to measure the cost effectiveness of a poverty intervention).
Smart Social Entrepreneurs $20K Grant Outcome Table
- 2-3 sentences summarizing a rough draft of how much money you need for your pilot program, and what the 3-5 major expenses are expected to be?
- 1 sentence summarizing your long-term vision for the new organization you will launch.
Who is your team? We recommend
A Table that lists:
Resumes / CVs
- When submitting, we will ask you to provide a URL link us to one website with credible evidence that supports your intervention.
- We also recommend you include 1 additional page elaborating on your intervention, and citing evidence that it is proven and in need of greater distribution.
Ready to Apply?
- Prepare your concept note and resume(s), and clearly name your files. Concept notes and resumes can be separate documents. Files must be PDF and are limited to a size of 4MB each.
- Input your contact details and upload your documents to www.d-prize.org/submit
D-Prize Challenges Categorizes
How to Apply Officially
Lets Help you Challenge
Contact Us Today, Let’s Help You Prepare An Irresistible Business Plan And A Feasibility Study Report
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We can carry out research and develop MBA grade business plans that you can present to a bank or investor. Intuitively, Chris Farm Nigeria develops well self-explanatory, irresistible feasibility studies or business plan for your Business start ups, Business Growth or Expansions through either personal funds, Grants, or loans, which could be new or existing ones. We delight in writing for people under Academic sectors, production sectors, manufacturing sectors, processing or packing sectors, advertising sectors, marketing sectors and other related sectors on mini, middle and large scale businesses.
For your Agribusiness, either production, processing, marketing of any Agro-industry, our feasibility studies or business plan are explicit.
General Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Intuitively, our feasibility study and business plans are explicit. Likewise, becomes irresistible when you show them to your investors or sponsors. It gives you a clear picture of what you are to see. Especially, when you put the feasibility study or business plans into use.
More Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Similarly, it shows how much it will cost you to own your desired business, what your money can afford. The kinds of product you will need to minimize input in other to maximize output. Likewise, how much returns you will get at the end of each accounting year until your business break-even on its initial investment capital. Lastly, this will give the intending business person or investor or farmer, a vivid idea on the possible benefit he or she stands to gain, when he or she starts doing the business. However, the intending business person or investor or farmer will not need a soothsayer to make decision for him or her.
CLICK HERE to see what our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Reports has for you.
Intuitively, Our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Report has a unique content. Take a look at our it. Finally, be rest assured that we give you what you want if you place an order. For easy understand of your idea, Call us or send us an email for your request. And you will be Glad you did.
Pay For Any Service Via Clicking PAYMENT On the Menu
Finally, Know more about Catfish Farming Business by ordering for this book for just Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
PRICE TAG: N10, 000.00
Mobile Fish Ponds For Sale All Over Nigeria
Furthermore, Fish Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Tips is a Simple guide For All Fish Farmers. As a matter of fact, Chris farm Nigeria welcomes you on Fish Ponds or Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Section. This is where we talk about Modern Fish Farming. Join our Facebook Niche Here