Classic Fish Farming Business Plans And Feasibility Study
Classic Fish farming business plans and feasibility study is an eye opener to Fish farming success. As a matter of facts, fish farming is a lucrative business anyone and venture to. Likewise, it has been in existence for a very long time and more and more people have found it a very good means of livelihood nowadays. Its unique as you seat back and watch your fishes grow from tiny fingerling’s to big enough fish to sell as table size fish.
More on Classic Fish Farming Business Plans And Feasibility Study
Classic Fish Farming Business Plan Sample Template using Chris Farm Nigeria
United States of America on Classic Fish Farming Business
Classic Fish Farming Business Plan – Executive Summary using Chris farm Nigeria as a sample
Chris Farm Nigeria is a world – class and licensed Fish and Seafood Aquaculture Company that will be based in a riverine area in Columbia, South Carolina – United States. We have done our detailed market research and feasibility studies and we were able to secure a hundred hectares of land to start our fish and seafood aquaculture business.
Our fish and seafood farm is going to be standard fish and seafood farm hence will be involved in raising and harvesting finfish (e.g. catfish, trout, tilapia and minnows), raising and harvesting shellfish (e.g. clams, oysters, crustaceans, mollusks and shrimp), raising and harvesting ornamental fish (e.g. goldfish and tropical fish), raising and harvesting aquaculture species to augment or replenish wild habitats, and raising and harvesting other aquaculture (e.g. seaweed, alligators, frogs and turtles) et al.
We are in the Fish and Seafood Aquaculture industry because we want to leverage on the vast opportunities available in the agriculture industry, to contribute our quota in growing the U.S. economy, in national food production, and also to fish and seafood from the United States to other countries and over and above to make profit.
Chris Farm Nigeria is well positioned to become one of the leading fish and seafood farming business in the United States of America, which is why we have been able to source for the best hands and machines to run the company with. We have put process and strategies in place that will help us employ best practices when it comes to fish and seafood farming processes as required by the regulating bodies in the United States of America.
Business Structure on Classic Fish Farming Business
Chris Farm Nigeria is a privately owned and managed fish and seafood business that intend starting small in fishing community in Columbia – South Carolina, but hope to grow big in order to compete favorably with leading fish and seafood farming companies in the industry both in the United States and on a global stage.
We are aware of the importance of building a solid business structure that can support the picture of the kind of world class business we want to own. This is why we are committed to only hire the best hands within our area of operations.
At Chris Farm Nigeria, we will ensure that we hire people that are qualified, hardworking, and creative, result driven, customer centric and are ready to work to help us build a prosperous business that will benefit all the stake holders (the owners, workforce, and customers).
As a matter of fact, profit-sharing arrangement will be made available to all our senior management staff and it will be based on their performance for a period of five years or more as agreed by the board of trustees of the company. In view of the above, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to occupy the following positions;
Chief Operating Officer
General Fish and Seafood Farm Manager
Human Resources and Admin Manager
Accountant / Cashier
Sales and Marketing Executive
Front Desk Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer – CEO:
Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction – i.e. leading the development and implementation of the overall organization’s strategy.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluates the success of the organization
General Fish and Seafood Farm Manager
- Responsible for the planning, management and coordinating all farm activities across the various sections on behalf of the organization
- Supervises other section manager
- Ensures compliance during project executions
- Provides advice on the management of farming activities across all section
- Responsible for carrying out risk assessment
- Using IT systems and software to keep track of people and progress of the growth of fish and seafood in our ponds
- Responsible for overseeing the accounting, costing and sale of fish and seafood farm produce
- Represents the organization’s interest at various stakeholders meetings
- Ensures that farming goals desired result are achieved, the most efficient resources (manpower, equipment, tools and chemicals et al) are utilized and different interests involved are satisfied.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
Human Resources and Admin Manager
- Responsible for overseeing the smooth running of HR and administrative tasks for the organization
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Defines job positions for recruitment and managing interviewing process
- Carries out staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Oversees the smooth running of the daily office.
Accountant / Cashier:
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managements with financial analyses, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial feasibility for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payrolls
- Ensures compliance with taxation legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for Chris Farm Nigeria
- Serves as internal auditor for Chris Farm Nigeria.
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Manage external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retain the organizations’ best customers and attract new ones
- Model demographic information and analyze the volumes of transactional data generated by customer
- Identifies development opportunities; follows up on development leads and contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; assures the completion of development projects.
- Writing winning proposal documents, negotiate fees and rates in line with organizations’ policy
- Responsible for handling business research, market surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Responsible for supervising implementation, advocate for the customer’s needs, and communicate with clients
- Develops, executes and evaluates new plans for expanding increase sales
- Creates new markets cum businesses for the organization
- Empowers and motivates the sales team to meet and surpass agreed targets
Field Workers / Contract Staff
- Firsttly, Responsible for feeding fish and seafood as instructed by the supervisor
- Secondly, responsible for cleaning the ponds and the entire fish farm environment
- Changes the water in the pond as instructed by the supervisor on a regular basis
- Handles fish and seafood farm implements and machines (hatchery) as instructed by the section manager / supervisor
- Also, Responsible for raising and harvesting finfish (e.g. catfish, trout, tilapia and minnows)
- Intuitively, responsible for raising and harvesting shellfish (e.g. clams, oysters, crustaceans, mollusks and shrimp)
- Furthermore, responsible for raising and harvesting ornamental fish (e.g. goldfish and tropical fish)
- Responsible for raising and harvesting aquaculture species to augment or replenish wild habitats
- Likewise, responsible for raising and harvesting other aquaculture (e.g. seaweed, alligators, frogs and turtles)
- Carries out task in line with the stated job description
- Assists in transport working tools and equipment from the fish and seafood farm and back to the designated store room
- Handles any other duties as assigned my the line manager
Front Desk / Customer’s Service Officer
- Welcomes clients and potential clients by greeting them in person, online or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Ensures that all contacts with clients (e-mail, walk-In center, SMS or phone) provides the client with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with clients on the phone, uses every opportunity to build client’s interest in the company’s products and services
- Manages administrative duties assigned by the creative director in an effective and timely manner
- Consistently stays abreast of any new information on the organizations’ products, promotional campaigns etc. to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
Fish Farming Business Plan – SWOT Analysis
- Chris Farm Nigeria do not intend to launch out with trial and error hence the need to conduct a proper SWOT analysis. We know that if we get it right from the onset, we would have succeeded in creating the foundation that will help us build a standard fish and seafood farming company that will favorably compete with leading players in the Fish and Seafood Aquaculture industry in the United States of America and in the rest part of the world.
- We engaged the services of a core professional in the area of business consulting and structuring to assist our organization in building a well – structured fish and seafood farming company that can favorably compete in the highly competitive fish and seafood aquaculture industry in the United States and the world at large.
- Part of what the team of business consultant did was to work with the management of our organization in conducting a SWOT analysis for Chris Farm Nigeria. Here is a summary from the result of the SWOT analysis.
Strength on Classic Fish Farming Business:
Our strength as a fish and seafood farming company is the fact that we have healthy relationships with loads of major players (agriculture merchants) in the industry; both suppliers of fish and seafood feeds and medications and buyers of fish and seafood within and outside of the United States of America.
We have some of the latest fish farming hatchery, tools and equipment that will help us raise and produce fish and seafood in commercial quantities with less stress. Aside from our relationship (network) and equipment, we can confidently boast that we have some the most experienced hands in Columbia – South Carolina in our payroll.
Weakness on Classic Fish Farming Business:
Our weakness could be that we are a new fish and seafood farming company in the United States, and perhaps it might take us sometime to attract big time customers in the industry. We are aware of this and from our projection will overcome this weakness with time and turn it to a major advantage for the business.
Opportunities on Classic Fish Farming Business:
The opportunities that are available to us as a standard and world – class fish and seafood farming company cannot be quantified, we know that there are loads of households, and businesses such as hotels and fast food restaurants that can’t do without daily supply of fresh water fish and seafood. We are well positioned to take advantage of this opportunity
Threat on Classic Fish Farming Business:
Some of the threats and challenges that we are likely going to face when we start our own fish and seafood farming company are global economic downturn that can impact negatively on household spending, bad weather cum natural disasters (draughts, epidemics), unfavorable government policies and the arrival of a competitor within same location. There is hardly anything you can do as regards this threats and challenges other than to be optimistic that things will continue to work for your good.
Fish Farming Business Plan – MARKET ANALYSIS
The Fish and Seafood Aquaculture industry has greatly benefited from campaigns advertising the health benefits of fish and seafood as a good source of protein. The vast majority of the revenue generated in the industry is derived from sales of fish, mollusks and crustaceans that will be processed into food products; this industry’s success is tied to levels of seafood consumption.
Per capita seafood consumption in the United States has declined over the last five years, putting strain on businesses in this industry. Nonetheless, increases in the price of seafood, combined with a healthy export market, have boosted the revenue growth in this industry. The revenue generation from The Fish and Seafood Aquaculture industry is projected to grow at an annualized rate of 0.3 percent to $1.5 billion over the five-year period.
As a matter of fact, one of the new trends is that with the recent advancement in technology, fish and seafood farmers can now comfortably predict and produce the quantities of fish and seafood they want to produce per time from their hatchery.
Our Target Market on Classic Fish Farming Business
Naturally, the target market of those who are the end consumer of fish and seafood and also those who benefits from the business value chain of the fish and seafood aquaculture industry is all encompassing; it is far – reaching.
Every household consumes produce from fish and seafood farms be it finfish (e.g. catfish, trout, tilapia and minnows), shellfish (e.g. clams, oysters, crustaceans, mollusks and shrimp), ornamental fish (e.g. goldfish and tropical fish), and other aquaculture (e.g. seaweed, alligators, frogs and turtles). So also almost all hotels and fast restaurants sell fish and seafood. In essence a fish and seafood farmer should be able to sell his or her farm produce to as many people as possible.
In view of that, we have positioned our business to attract consumers of fish and seafood not just in the United States of America alone but also other parts of the world. We have conducted our market research and survey and we will ensure that we meet and surpass the expectations we set for the business.
Below is a list of the people and business that we will market our fish and seafood to;
It is easier to find entrepreneur flocking towards an industry that is known to generate consistent income which is why there are increase number of fish and seafood farmers in the United States of America and of course in most parts of the world.
For example, Statistics has it that there are 2.2 million farms in the United States of America. Covering an area of 922 million acres. These goes to show that there are appreciable numbers of farmers in the United States of America. Furthermore, that does not mean that there is stiffer competition in the industry.
As a matter of fact, entrepreneurs are encouraged by the government to embrace commercial farming cum fish and seafood farming business. This is so because part of the success of any nation is her ability to cultivate her own food and also export foods to other nations of the world.
Chris Farm Nigeria is fully aware that there are competitions when it comes to selling fish and seafood all over the globe. That is why we decided to carry out thorough market research, So as to know how to take advantage of the available market in the United States. And other parts of the world.
We have done our homework. And we have highlight some factors that will give us competitive advantage in the marketplace. Some of the factors are effective and reliable fish and seafood farming processes that can help us sell our produce at competitive prices, good network and excellent relationship management.
Another competitive advantage that we are bringing to the industry is the fact that we have healthy relationships with loads of major players (agriculture merchants) in the industry; both suppliers of fish and seafood feeds and medications and buyers of fish and seafood within and outside of the United States of America.
We have some of the latest fish and seafood farming hatchery, tools and equipment that will help us raise fish and seafood in commercial quantities with less stress. Aside from our relationship (network) and equipment, we can confidently boast that we have some the most experienced hands in Columbia – South Carolina in our payroll.
Lastly, all our employees will be well taken care of, and their welfare package will be among the best within our category (startups fish and seafood farming companies in the United States) in the industry. It will enable them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help deliver our set goals and achieve all our business aims and objectives.
Fish Farming Business Plan – SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
We are quite aware that the reason why some fish and seafood farming companies hardly make good profits is their inability to sell off their fish and seafood as at when due. Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the fish and seafood aquaculture industry and they will be trained on a regular basis so as to be well equipped to meet their targets and the overall business goal of Chris Farm Nigeria.
Over and above, we have perfected our sale and marketing strategies first by networking with agriculture merchants and businesses that rely on daily supply of fish and seafood that are likely to become our customers. In summary, Chris Farm Nigeria will adopt the following strategies in marketing our fish and seafood;
Introduce our business by sending introductory letters alongside our brochure to stake holders in the agriculture industry, households, hotels and restaurants and agriculture produce merchant et al.
Advertise our business in agriculture and food related magazines and websites
List our business on yellow pages ads
Attend related agriculture and food expos, seminars, and business fairs et al
Leverage on the Internet to promote our business
Engage in direct marketing
Encourage the use of word of mouth marketing (referrals)
Sources of Income on Classic Fish Farming Business
Chris Farm Nigeria is in the fish and seafood aquaculture industry for the purpose of maximizing profits hence we have decided to explore all the available opportunities within the industry to achieve our corporate goals and objectives.
Below are the sources we intend exploring to generate income for Chris Farm Nigeria;
- Firstly, Raising and harvesting finfish (e.g. catfish, trout, tilapia and minnows)
- Secondly, Raising and harvesting shellfish (e.g. clams, oysters, crustaceans, mollusks and shrimp)
- Raising and harvesting ornamental fish (e.g. goldfish and tropical fish)
- Also, Raising and harvesting aquaculture species to augment or replenish wild habitats
- Lastly, Raising and harvesting other aquaculture (e.g. seaweed, alligators, frogs and turtles)
From the studies and the survey conducted, we were are able to discover that the sales generated by a fish and seafood farming business depends on the size of the fish and seafood farm, the types of fishes and seafood available in the fish and seafood farm and of course the size of their marketing network.
We have perfected or sales and marketing strategies and we are set to hit the ground running and we are quite optimistic that we will meet or even surpass our set sales target of generating enough income / profits from the year of operations and build the business from survival to sustainability with the shortest period of time.
We have been able to critically examine the fish and seafood aquaculture industry and we have analyzed our chances in the industry and we have been able to come up with the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information gathered on the field and some workable assumptions as well with respect to the nature of fish and seafood farming business that we run.
Below are the projections that we were able to come up with for the first three years of running Chris Farm Nigeria;
First Fiscal Year-: $250,000
Second Fiscal Year-: $600,000
Third Fiscal Year-: $900,000
N.B: This projection is done based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there won’t be any major economic meltdown that can impact negatively on household spending, bad weather cum natural disasters (draughts, epidemics), and unfavorable government policies
Our Pricing Strategy
Some of the factors that will help you sell your farm produce at the right price that will guarantee that you make profits is dependent on your strategy while some of the factors are beyond your control. For example, if the climatic condition is unfavorable and if there is natural disaster in the location where you have your fish and seafood farm, then it will directly affect the prices of your fish and seafood.
Over and above, if you want to get the right pricing for your fish and seafood, then you should ensure that you choose a good location for the fish and seafood farm, choose a good breed that will guarantee bountiful harvest, cut the cost of running your fish and seafood farm to the barest minimum and of course try as much as possible to attract buyers to your fish and seafood farm as against taking your fish and seafood to the market to source for buyers; with this, you would have successfully eliminate the cost of transporting the goods to the market and other logistics.
We are quite aware that one of the easiest means of penetrating the market and acquiring loads of customers for all our fishes and seafood is to sell them at competitive prices hence we will do all we can to ensure that the prices of our fish and seafood are going to be what other fish and seafood farmers would look towards beating.
One thing is certain; the nature of fish and seafood farming business makes it possible for fish and seafood farmers to place prices for their fish and seafood based on their discretion without following the benchmark in the industry. The truth is that it is one of the means of avoiding running into loss.
The payment policy adopted by Chris Farm Nigeria is all inclusive because we are quite aware that different customers prefer different payment options as it suits them but at the same time, we will ensure that we abide by the financial rules and regulation of the United States of America.
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will enable our client make payment for farm produces purchase without any stress on their part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and promotional materials to clients who may want to deposit cash or make online transfer for fishes and seafood.
Fish Farming Business Plan – Publicity and Advertising Strategy
Any business that wants to grow beyond the corner of the street or the city they are operating from must be ready and willing to utilize every available means (both conventional and non – conventional means) to advertise and promote the business. We intend growing our business which is why we have perfected plans to build our brand via every available means.
We know that it is important to create strategies that will help us boost our brand awareness and to create a corporate identity for our fish and seafood farming business. Below are the platforms we will leverage on to boost our fish and seafood farming brand and to promote and advertise our business;
Place adverts on community based newspapers, radio stations and TV stations.
Encourage the use of word of mouth publicity from our loyal customers
Leverage on the Internet and social media platforms like; YouTube, Instagram, Facebook ,Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Badoo, Google+ and other platforms to promote our business.
Ensure that our we position our banners and billboards in strategic positions all around Columbia – South Carolina
Distribute our fliers and handbills in target areas in and around our neighborhood
Contact corporate organizations, households, landlord associations and schools by calling them up and informing them of Chris Farm Nigeria and the fish and seafood we sell
Advertise our business in our official website and employ strategies that will help us pull traffic to the site
Brand all our official cars and trucks and ensure that all our staff members and management staff wears our branded shirt or cap at regular intervals.
Fish Farming Business Plan – Financial Projections and Costing
When it comes to calculating the cost of starting a fish and seafood farm. There are some key factors that should serve as a guide. The different types of fishes and seafood to be raised in the fish and seafood farms determine the total cost of setting up the business.
Besides, in setting up any business. The amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to undertake. If you intend to go big by renting / leasing a big facility, then you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to ensure that your employees are well taken care of, and that your facility is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
This means that the start-up can either be low or high depending on your goals, vision and aspirations for your business.
The tools and equipment that will be used are nearly the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked. As for the detailed cost analysis for starting a fish and seafood farming business; it might differ in other countries due to the value of their money.
The above is just a tip of an iceberg to compare to what you get when we write for you.
Contact Us Today, Let’s Help You Prepare An Irresistible Business Plan And A Feasibility Study Report
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We can carry out research and develop MBA grade business plans that you can present to a bank or investor. Intuitively, Chris Farm Nigeria develops well self-explanatory, irresistible feasibility studies or business plan for your Business start ups, Business Growth or Expansions through either personal funds, Grants, or loans, which could be new or existing ones. We delight in writing for people under Academic sectors, production sectors, manufacturing sectors, processing or packing sectors, advertising sectors, marketing sectors and other related sectors on mini, middle and large scale businesses.
For your Agribusiness, either production, processing, marketing of any Agro-industry, our feasibility studies or business plan are explicit.
General Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Intuitively, our feasibility study and business plans are explicit. Likewise, becomes irresistible when you show them to your investors or sponsors. It gives you a clear picture of what you are to see. Especially, when you put the feasibility study or business plans into use.
More Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Similarly, it shows how much it will cost you to own your desired business, what your money can afford. The kinds of product you will need to minimize input in other to maximize output. Likewise, how much returns you will get at the end of each accounting year until your business break-even on its initial investment capital. Lastly, this will give the intending business person or investor or farmer, a vivid idea on the possible benefit he or she stands to gain, when he or she starts doing the business. However, the intending business person or investor or farmer will not need a soothsayer to make decision for him or her.
CLICK HERE to see what our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Reports has for you.
Intuitively, Our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Report has a unique content. Take a look at our it. Finally, be rest assured that we give you what you want if you place an order. For easy understand of your idea, Call us or send us an email for your request. And you will be Glad you did.
Pay For Any Service Via Clicking PAYMENT On the Menu
Finally, Know more about Catfish Farming Business by ordering for this book for just Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
PRICE TAG: N10, 000.00
Mobile Fish Ponds For Sale All Over Nigeria
Furthermore, Fish Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Tips is a Simple guide For All Fish Farmers. As a matter of fact, Chris farm Nigeria welcomes you on Fish Ponds or Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Section. This is where we talk about Modern Fish Farming. Join our Facebook Niche Here