Grain Storage Business Plans and Feasibility Study
More on Grain Storage Business Plans and Feasibility Study
Grains Storage Appreciate Over Time
Increasing cost on Farm Products on Grain Storage Business Plans and Feasibility Study
Defining Agricultural Storage Business
- Soya beans
- Bambara nut (Okpa)
- Sesame seeds
Mainly for export
Feed mill sector
- Soya beans
- Guinea corn
Commodity: for retailers/consumers
- Dry pepper
Purchasing Time for Grains in Nigeria
- Bambara nuts (okpa)
- Soya beans
BEANS STORAGE BUSINESS
- Cowpea also known as beans come in different varieties with varying protein content and price variations. Types of beans are; company, honey, orobo, iron etc. Seed quality and market demand determines the price. White and brown beans are the two major colours available in Nigeria. The white beans are predominantly grown in up North while very few regions grow the brown beans which are highly priced.
- To succeed in beans storage business, preservation is a major factor. You can easily lose money if you do not use effective preservation method. Because once beans is infested the value drops automatically.
- During beans harvest you can buy a bag of beans for #20,000 and sale at over #40,000 during off-season. My sister usually go to village market in Adamaawa State sometimes as far as Taraba State to buy beans for storage. We stored some in drums kept at the garage and under tree but the drums well sealed. The ones in bags were stored inside a well ventilated room.
- Investors in grain storage business preserve beans with chemicals that has expiry dates; Either that of 3 months or 6 months duration. You must wait for the months to pass before you start selling the beans. But some investors because of sudden rise in price and demand starts selling their beans before expiration of those chemicals.
Locations of Purchasing beans in Nigeria
- Brown beans can be purchased in large quantities in Adamawa (mubi) and Taraba. You can purchased beans also from Kaduna, Nassarawa, Niger, Yobe, Bauchi, Kano States etc.
- This has been a major challenged because of the cancerous effort of those chemicals. Residual of the chemical is known to be retained in the grains and can be transferred to consumers. You can actually preserve beans and any other grain without the use of chemical.
MAIZE STORAGE BUSINESS
- Maize is another good grains to store and sell later. So many things can be gotten from maize. It is processed into pap (powder/wet), agidi, corn flour for baking, for alubo like semovita etc. A bag of maize can be bought at # and sold costly during scarcity. About 68-75 modu make a 100kg bag of maize depending on the modu size. Maize is preserved just like other grains. Make sure the maize is dried, when it is not well dried it turns black. This is the activity of Aspergillus fungus that produces a liver carcinogen which is dangerous to health.
SESAME SEEDS STORAGE
- Sesame also known as beniseed are used globally especially for sprinkled pastries applied on bread and hamburger. It is medicinal, the oil from it, is used for cooking and massaging of the body. The oil has the highest anti-oxidant when compared to other oil sources and are used in Pharmaceutical Industry. It may not be found in most local markets because it has become a major export commodity. Sesame seeds can be bought as low as #18,000 and sold as high as #70,000. It is predominantly sold in the North central; Nasarawa, Bauchi, Kaduna, Niger, Kwara. The purchasing price is majorly set by sesame seed agro commodity agents.
MELON STORAGE BUSINESS
- Melon storage is another good business to start. It is grown commercially in large quantities by the people of Nassarawa and Niger State. Provided the melon is dried and kept in a ventilated place it can last till the next planting season with the shelf life intact. You can buy a bag of melon #30,000 during plenty and sell it as much as #60,000 even more during scarcity.
- You must know the time to store a particular farm produce, it should be during harvest when supply outweighs demand.
- It is important to know when to sale your stored grains, it should be 4 months or at most 6 months from the time of harvest. When more than 50% of a produce have been consumed, supply will invariably increase while demand will decrease. You can store up your commodity for the next planting season.
- When price goes up and you refuse to sell but wait for it to skyrocket it means you are planning to fail because of greed. You never can tell if demand will drop. I remember 2016 when the price of palm oil was outrageously high people make 3 times the amount they used in buying the oil. So in 2017 the number of people who stored oil increased. Coupled with the fact that red Palm oil from Malaysia and other African countries penetrated and flood the market. As at the time of Palm oil scarcity investors were making #1,000-#2,000 which didn’t go well with some of the investors who refused to sell. When eventually they sold the oil some of them loosed. So avoid greed.
More on Grain Storage Business
- As a matter of facts, Any body who has interest in grain storage business can do it successfully. As long as you have the money to do it. It doesn’t take all of your time. You only buy in bulk during surplus and sell them during scarcity.
- Our brothers and sisters who stay abroad are enjoined to do this business. You can determine when to sale your grains. Buy the commodities and store them with the sellers or rent a safe place for storage. It can be inside the market. As a matter of facts, every market has a paid security store for packing goods.
- Another set of people who can do this business are the retirees. Instead of leaving your gratuity in the bank and be withdrawing it small-small until you exhaust it, you can engage yourself in this business. At least you will have something to hold on instead of idling away. Most pensioners who are not doing anything but sit in one place day in day out become prone to sickness and die quick compare to those who are active you can verify my claim.
PROFIT IN GRAIN STORAGE BUSINESS
HOW TO STORE GRAINS
Current Prices on Some Grain
- Maize #8000
- Soya beans #14000
- Millet #10,000
- Sorghum #10,500
Contact Us Today, Let’s Help You Prepare An Irresistible Business Plan And A Feasibility Study Report
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We can carry out research and develop MBA grade business plans that you can present to a bank or investor. Intuitively, Chris Farm Nigeria develops well self-explanatory, irresistible feasibility studies or business plan for your Business start ups, Business Growth or Expansions through either personal funds, Grants, or loans, which could be new or existing ones. We delight in writing for people under Academic sectors, production sectors, manufacturing sectors, processing or packing sectors, advertising sectors, marketing sectors and other related sectors on mini, middle and large scale businesses.
For your Agribusiness, either production, processing, marketing of any Agro-industry, our feasibility studies or business plan are explicit.
General Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Intuitively, our feasibility study and business plans are explicit. Likewise, becomes irresistible when you show them to your investors or sponsors. It gives you a clear picture of what you are to see. Especially, when you put the feasibility study or business plans into use.
More Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Similarly, it shows how much it will cost you to own your desired business, what your money can afford. The kinds of product you will need to minimize input in other to maximize output. Likewise, how much returns you will get at the end of each accounting year until your business break-even on its initial investment capital. Lastly, this will give the intending business person or investor or farmer, a vivid idea on the possible benefit he or she stands to gain, when he or she starts doing the business. However, the intending business person or investor or farmer will not need a soothsayer to make decision for him or her.
CLICK HERE to see what our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Reports has for you.
Intuitively, Our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Report has a unique content. Take a look at our it. Finally, be rest assured that we give you what you want if you place an order. For easy understand of your idea, Call us or send us an email for your request. And you will be Glad you did.
Pay For Any Service Via Clicking PAYMENT On the Menu
Finally, Know more about Catfish Farming Business by ordering for this book for just Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
PRICE TAG: N10, 000.00
Mobile Fish Ponds For Sale All Over Nigeria
Furthermore, Fish Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Tips is a Simple guide For All Fish Farmers. As a matter of fact, Chris farm Nigeria welcomes you on Fish Ponds or Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Section. This is where we talk about Modern Fish Farming. Join our Facebook Niche Here