Lucrative Pig Farming Business Plan and Feasibility Study
More on Lucrative Pig Farming Business Plan and Feasibility Study
Don’t have an idea About Lucrative Pig Farming Business Plan and Feasibility Study
LETS SEE HOW LUCRATIVE IS PIG FARMING
- The demand for pock meat is high;
- pigs grow fast. That is to say; Piglets grow to become matured pigs very quickly;
- They can eat almost any kind of food when it comes to feeding, hence you’ll have a cheap feeding plan.
Let’s take this senerio:
A pig farmer who start farming business with 22 adult pigs which comprise of 20 females and 2 males. If in a year each of the 20 female pigs delivers 20 more pigs ( at 10 pigs/delivery). At the end of the calendar year, that farmers would be having 400 pigs. Let’s assume at the end of the year the farmer were only able to manage 80 matured pigs. Which the farmer sold at 40k each (depending of course on their weight).
I’ll leave you to do the maths, but don’t let the huge figures fool you. You have got a lot of work to do and to achieve the above senerio which by the way is 100% achievable.
In addition, let’s also assume the farmer have his own vegetable farm, or plants potato, maize, cassava etc. Hence saves a lot of money and doesn’t have to spend a fortune to feed his pigs.
Let me say upfront that your business profitability would largely depend on how much knowledge you have about such business. Truth is most people who intend to start a business, would never think of getting any entrepreneurship training. Neither do they have any experienced pig farmer as mentor or spend time to visit and study a nearby pig farm. Nor undergo a practical pig farming training and they’d just think the above senerio would work for them no matter what.
Let us be of service to you. Better still allow us to lead you on the path to becoming a successful pig farmer.
Now let’s get down, get our hands dirty and get into the nitty gritty of setting up your own pig farming business.
Before you would ever think of going to purchasing your little piglets for stocking. You should give the first priority to a secured farming premises and some of these outlined activities below.
CONSTRUCT A SECURED BREEDING GROUND.
Choosing a Rural Area For Lucrative Pig Farming Business
ACCESS TO CLEAN WATER
ACCESS TO TRANSPORT FACILITIES
ENVISAGE THE FUTURE OF THE BUSINESS
Build Standard Pens For Lucrative Pig Farming Business
Important Points to Note for Pig Housing
- Construct shed on dry and properly raised ground.
- Avoid water – logging, marshy and heavy rainfall areas.
- Also, the side walls of the sheds should be 4 – 5 ft. high and remaining height should be fitted with pipes or wooden poles.
- The walls should be plastered to make them damp proof.
- Likewise, the roof should be at least 8 – 10 ft. high.
- The pig sty should be well ventilated.
- Similarly, the floor should be concrete/hard , even, non – slippery, impervious, well sloped (3 cm per metre) and properly drained to remain dry and clean.
- A feed trough space of 6 – 12 inches per pig should be provided. The corners of feed troughs, drains and walls should be rounded for easy cleaning.
- Provide adequate open space for each animal which should be double of covered area
- Lastly, provide proper shade and cool drinking water during hot seasons.
Deep litter pig housing
Advantages of deep litter housing
- Deep litter housing is well suited for high rainfall and high altitude area.
- The floor of the pen remains clean and dry due to the sawdust.
- The pig house also provides better micro – environment both summer and winter, better physiological adaptation.
- Lastly, this model provide 2 – 3 times higher manure than that conventional concrete floor pigpen
BUY HEALTHY PIGLETS
- Glossy coat
- Good temperament ( watch out for aggressive piglets and be avoid them like a plague )
- Having good appetite
- Clear bright eyes
- Check for any sign of muscular cramps or pains and avoid such piglets.
Some popular breeds in Nigeria to choose from are;
- local breeds of white, brown, and black colored pigs.
- Common foreign breeds are: Hampshire, Hereford pig, American Yorkshire, Berkshire pig, Landrace, Tamworth pig, Duroc, Mulefoot pig, and a few others.
- Every farming business is a learning curve. So I usually advice young entrepreneurs who want to go into piggery business to start small. Then, grow along the learning curve. This way, you will be able to learn the highs and lows of the business and should anything go wrong at this stage, your risk will be very minimal.
- This is one of the reason am giving you an editable free pig farming business plan to adequately plan your farm and forecast its yearly growth.
- Talk To Veterinary Doctor – You need the services of vet doctors especially as a young pig farmer, as you gain more experience in the business, you would not be needing them as much.
- Vet doctors are would help you to perform regular check up and vaccination as well as feeding and nutrition advice. Pigs generally eats what human being eat and doe not present much worries when it comes to feed.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF FARM PIGS
To properly care for pigs, you need to pay wrapped attention to three key aspects;
- Good health care.
- Good/ Proper housing and
- Good diet.
Good Health Care
Good/ Proper Housing
OTHER PIG MANAGEMENT PRACTICE
Record Keeping For Lucrative Pig Farming Business
COMMON PIG DISEASE AND TREATMENTS
Generally, symptoms of illness in pig is characterized by the following
- Loss of appetite,
- Refusal to move or sluggish movement, Rough body coat,
- Constipation or diarrhea,
- Dull eyes,
- Dull skin and hair,
- Separates itself from the rest etc.
Tick and lice
Notable infectious diseases of pigs
Respiratory disorder/ Pneumonia
Colibacillosis (piglet diarrhoea)
HOW TO FORMULATE YOUR OWN PIG FEED
HOW TO MARKET MATURED PIGS
HOW TO DETERMINE PIG PRICE PRICE IN NIGERIA
- A business plan,
- Money and the passion to succeed in this business.
- You should also learn a thing or two from other more experienced farmers in your area.
- Having a concrete plan is very invaluable if you really want to have a successful pig farm.
Contact Us Today, Let’s Help You Prepare An Irresistible Business Plan And A Feasibility Study Report
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We can carry out research and develop MBA grade business plans that you can present to a bank or investor. Intuitively, Chris Farm Nigeria develops well self-explanatory, irresistible feasibility studies or business plan for your Business start ups, Business Growth or Expansions through either personal funds, Grants, or loans, which could be new or existing ones. We delight in writing for people under Academic sectors, production sectors, manufacturing sectors, processing or packing sectors, advertising sectors, marketing sectors and other related sectors on mini, middle and large scale businesses.
For your Agribusiness, either production, processing, marketing of any Agro-industry, our feasibility studies or business plan are explicit.
General Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Intuitively, our feasibility study and business plans are explicit. Likewise, becomes irresistible when you show them to your investors or sponsors. It gives you a clear picture of what you are to see. Especially, when you put the feasibility study or business plans into use.
More Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Similarly, it shows how much it will cost you to own your desired business, what your money can afford. The kinds of product you will need to minimize input in other to maximize output. Likewise, how much returns you will get at the end of each accounting year until your business break-even on its initial investment capital. Lastly, this will give the intending business person or investor or farmer, a vivid idea on the possible benefit he or she stands to gain, when he or she starts doing the business. However, the intending business person or investor or farmer will not need a soothsayer to make decision for him or her.
CLICK HERE to see what our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Reports has for you.
Intuitively, Our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Report has a unique content. Take a look at our it. Finally, be rest assured that we give you what you want if you place an order. For easy understand of your idea, Call us or send us an email for your request. And you will be Glad you did.
Pay For Any Service Via Clicking PAYMENT On the Menu
Finally, Know more about Catfish Farming Business by ordering for this book for just Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
PRICE TAG: N10, 000.00
Mobile Fish Ponds For Sale All Over Nigeria
Furthermore, Fish Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Tips is a Simple guide For All Fish Farmers. As a matter of fact, Chris farm Nigeria welcomes you on Fish Ponds or Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Section. This is where we talk about Modern Fish Farming. Join our Facebook Niche Here