Poultry Business Plan Feasibility Study For Startup
Poultry Business Plan Feasibility Study For Startup is a key in succeeding in Poultry business. As a matter of facts, Poultry Farming in Nigeria one of the lucrative business Venture. Intuitively, there are need to ask a question; Do you know that Poultry framing is one of the most lucrative ventures that you can make thousands of Naira weekly especially when it is setup and managed properly?
Poultry Business Products Outlets For Startup
There are so many outlet you can engage to sell out your products. Likewise, there are high demand for chicken meat and eggs form companies like:
Lastly, Restaurants etc
Proves on High demand For Poultry Products
Intuitively, this high demand has truly proven that Poultry farming in Nigeria is indeed a very lucrative business.
Likewise, the business of rearing of chicken and producing eggs for sale has created an opportunity. Most likely among young graduates, retired civil servants and others to earn regular income and also provide employment for countless number of Nigerians.
Thirdly, there is an increment and major investment in poultry farming but yet still, I have discovered that there is still a short fall in the supply of chicken meat and eggs in the country
Furthermore, it is a proven fact that frozen chicken is still been smuggled by some traders into Nigeria from neighboring countries reasons being that most of the poultry farms in Nigeria operates on a small scale and can’t meet up with the increasing daily demand for chicken meat and eggs.
If you really want to make good money in within few month, the wisest decision is to invest in” COMMERCIAL POULTRY FARMING”
Lastly, this is a business one can invest and start earning profits in a period of Eight (8) Months. Its time you make up your mind now to bid final goodbye to poverty by investing in poultry farm.
Types of Poultry Systems
1. BATTERY CAGE SYSTEM: The battery cage system of rearing chicken involves putting your birds in cage.
While the deep litter system involves rearing the chicken on the floor covered with saw duct.
2. WHILE THE DEEP LITTER SYSTEM: involves rearing the chicken on the floor covered with saw duct.
The Battery cage system has some advantages, it helps to keep your birds from coming in contact with their droppings that may cause infection, but it is capital intensive.
The deep litter system does not require huge capital to set up your poultry farm business.
You can actually start a small scale a poultry farm deep litter system in that plot of land of yours by rearing 500-broilers from day chicks to an 8-weeks period where you can sell them between N1k-N2k each.
HAVE A BUSINESS PLAN: This is one of the most important thing to consider when going into poultry farming. Poultry business plan is like a road map leading you to where you are going in your business. It will help you know where you are at any point in time.
Your business plan should have the following content:
Intuitively, this has a direct effect to your startup cost. A location in a very remote rural area will cost far less than the one close to the urban area. Remote rural area with good road is the ideal location as you will be free from regulatory agencies and drive down the cost of labor too.
Likewise, with location in mind, you now have clearer idea of the capital required of you. Write down your detailed capital and investment requirements for your poultry farming in Nigeria venture and set out to source for it. Like every other farming projects, the bigger you plan to start, the more investment required. You need to decide on the level of capital investment you are willing to commit into this business before starting.
You will need around ₦70, 000 to begin rearing chicken on small scale (around 50 birds) and keeping them in cages at your residence backyard.
• Medium scale – You need about ₦500, 000 – ₦5 million to start a mid-scale poultry farm, which needs housing and other materials over land spreading 1-2 plots.
• Large scale – Around ₦10 million is needed for this type of intensive project. This will involve a high degree of planning, sophistication, professionalism and the use of advanced poultry farming techniques.
THE TYPE BIRD YOU WANT TO CONCENTRATE ON:
Here you choose Chickens (Layers and Broilers). This will ensure high level of focus and professionalism. If you can do two area, no problem.
Layers Breeding which is egg production by Layers
Broilers breeding which referrers to the chicken meat production by Broilers
Hatchery which has to do with breeding chicken for the purpose of Hatching new chicks
Build a suitable Structure: House is very important for chicken rearing and effective keeping and management. Poultry housing are classified according to the scale and the management system. The most common types of poultry housing used for poultry farming in Nigeria are:
• Half litter and half slats
• Battery cage system
Items Needed for Poultry Farming and their Uses
1. Feeders: Feeders are equipment used in feeding poultry birds. The food is deposited in the feeder and the birds feed from it. The amount of feeders provided for a poultry farm should be according to to amount of birds available. It is important that you always keep the feeders clean to ensure the health safety of the birds.
2. Heaters or Brooders: It is essential that the temperature of the poultry farm be regulated especially during cold weather. The heater or brooder is an equipment used in regulating and increasing the temperature of the poultry farm. These helps to keep the birds warm when the weather is cold.
3. Incubator: This is an instrument used in hatching eggs. Egg hatchery with an incubator can be described as a means of hatching of eggs in an unnatural way. These means can be employed when there are many eggs to be hatched.
4. Chick box: The chick box is an equipment where the poultry birds are kept for egg laying. It has a roll away egg tray attached to it so that when eggs are layed, they roll away and the birds will not trample on the eggs. This particular equipment help in preventing egg damage.
5. Fly Tray: Fly trap is an equipments used in controlling the number of flies around a poultry farm. Likewise, it helps to poultry farmer reduce the number of flies in the poultry.
6. Poultry Plucker Rubber Finger: This is an equipment applied to chicken dressing machine. These rubber fingers are fixed to the bottom and side plate of the of the dressing machine in order to produce many dressed chicken in a short period.
7. Egg Tray: This is an equipments used in setting the eggs. Just like the name, it is a tray-like equipment where the eggs are place for sampling.
8. Poultry Incubator Controller: Poultry incubator controller is an equipments used for controlling the incubator and timer counter. Finally, it displays the temperature and humidity condition of the incubator.
9. Laying Nest: Laying nest is another equipment that help the birds for laying of eggs. One of the advantages of this equipment is that it increases the egg productivity of the poultry birds.
10. Egg Scale: This is an equipments used in weighing the weight of the eggs. It helps the poultry farmer know the eggs that are fertile enough for hatchery because it is assumed that an under weight egg does not have what it take to form a chick.
11. Egg Washer: Egg washer is an equipment that makes use of a powder called the egg washing powder. Water is added into the egg washer and then the egg washing powder is added also. It is used for washing the eggs before delivery.
12. Water Pots and Drinkers: Neat water is required for growth and digestion in poultry birds just like in humans. Therefore, the drinkers are equipments used for supplying water to the birds. You must ensure that the drinkers are washed regularly to avoid disease.
13. Cages and CoopsThis poultry equipment is used for keeping poultry birds. Coops and cages are poultry equipments suitable for small scale poultry farming.
Poultry farming in Nigeria is a rapidly growing industry, so why wait, start now!
Cage System on Perfect Poultry Business Plan & A Feasibility Study In Nigeria
This system involves rearing of poultry on raised wire netting floor in smaller compartments, called cages, either fitted with stands on floor of house or hanged from the roof. It has been proved very efficient for laying operations, right from day-old to till disposal. At present, 75% of commercial layers in the world are kept in cages. Feeders and water trough are attached to cages from outside except nipple water drinker, for which pipeline is installed through or above cages. Auto-operated feeding trolleys and egg collection belts can also be used in this rearing system. The droppings are either collected in trays underneath cages or on belts or on the floor or deep pit under cages, depending on type of cages.
- Minimum floor space is needed
- More number of eggs per hen can be received
- Less feed wastage
- Better feed efficiency
- Protection from internal parasites and soil borne illnesses
- Sick and unproductive birds can be easily identified and eliminated.
- Clean eggs production
- Vices like egg eating, pecking is minimal.
- Broodiness is minimal
- No need of litter material
- Artificial Insemination (AI) can be adopted.
- High initial investment cost.
- Handling of manure may be problem. Generally, flies become a greater nuisance.
The incidence of blood spots in egg is more
Problem of cage layer fatigue. (It is a condition, in which laying birds in cages develop lameness. It may be due to Ca and P deficiency but the exact reason is not known)
In case of broilers, incidence of breast blisters is more, especially when the broilers weight is more than 1.5 kg.
Types of cages
Based on the number of birds in a cage, it is classified as
- Firstly, Single or individual bird cage (Only one bird in a cage)
- Secondly, Multiple bird cage (From 2 to 10 birds, usually 3 or 4 birds per cage)
- Lastly, Colony cages (Holding birds more than 11 per cage)
Based on the number of rows
Based on arrangement of cages
1) Stair-step cages
- a) M-type cages
- b) L-type cages
2) Battery cages (Vertical cages)
Based on the type of bird reared
Brooder / chick cages
- Grower cages
- Layer cages
- Breeder cages
Floor space requirements
Battery cage system For Sale
On Our battery cage specifically, We have for cold galvanized and hot Galvanized
On cold galvanized; we have;
- Height: 84inches (7ft)
- Length: 71inches (actual) including water rubber tank (78 inches) (6.5ft)
- Width: 116inches (2.94m)
- Each cell is 14inches by 16inches.
On Hot Galvanized, we have;
6.56ft long. 6.56ft wide. 5.4ft height
Irrespective of your poultry pen, we can customize our battery cage system to suite your size.
More on Poultry Battery Cage Repairers
Poultry Battery Cages get bad when they are expose to adverse weather condition that causes them to rust. Once they becomes rusted, there is need to replace them. If not, your cages may begin to breakdown. Our technicians are well trained to handle sure task. Contact us right away to help you out.
Contact Us Today, Let’s Help You Prepare An Irresistible Business Plan And A Feasibility Study Report
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We can carry out research and develop MBA grade business plans that you can present to a bank or investor. Intuitively, Chris Farm Nigeria develops well self-explanatory, irresistible feasibility studies or business plan for your Business start ups, Business Growth or Expansions through either personal funds, Grants, or loans, which could be new or existing ones. We delight in writing for people under Academic sectors, production sectors, manufacturing sectors, processing or packing sectors, advertising sectors, marketing sectors and other related sectors on mini, middle and large scale businesses.
For your Agribusiness, either production, processing, marketing of any Agro-industry, our feasibility studies or business plan are explicit.
General Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Intuitively, our feasibility study and business plans are explicit. Likewise, becomes irresistible when you show them to your investors or sponsors. It gives you a clear picture of what you are to see. Especially, when you put the feasibility study or business plans into use.
More Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Similarly, it shows how much it will cost you to own your desired business, what your money can afford. The kinds of product you will need to minimize input in other to maximize output. Likewise, how much returns you will get at the end of each accounting year until your business break-even on its initial investment capital. Lastly, this will give the intending business person or investor or farmer, a vivid idea on the possible benefit he or she stands to gain, when he or she starts doing the business. However, the intending business person or investor or farmer will not need a soothsayer to make decision for him or her.
CLICK HERE to see what our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Reports has for you.
Intuitively, Our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Report has a unique content. Take a look at our it. Finally, be rest assured that we give you what you want if you place and order. For easy understand of your idea, Call us or send us an email for your request. And you will be Glad you did.
Pay For Any Service Via Clicking PAYMENT On the Menu
Finally, Know more about Catfish Farming Business by ordering for this book for just Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
PRICE TAG: N10, 000.00
Mobile Fish Ponds For Sale All Over Nigeria
Furthermore, Fish Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Tips is a Simple guide For All Fish Farmers. As a matter of fact, Chris farm Nigeria welcomes you on Fish Ponds or Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Section. This is where we talk about Modern Fish Farming. Join our Facebook Niche Here