Poultry Farming Business Start up-Business Plans
Poultry Farming Business Start up-Business Plans design for your profitability. As a matter of facts, Poultry farming is one of the most lucrative agriculture businesses in Nigeria. Demands for poultry products cannot be satisfied, despite the Millions of tons of poultry products produce everyday, there is still a vacuum. In like manner, large quantity of Nigeria’s poultry products are imported into the country to meet demand. Likewise these aggressive imports happening, there is still not enough poultry products to meet the local market demand.
More on Poultry Farming Business Start up-Business Plans
Poultry Farming Business has a wide value chain any one can invest in. Are going into broilers, layers, chick, turkey, goose, guinea fowl, producing of chicken meats into frozen chicken? what about going into packaging it into graded parts or better still making them into chicken sauce? Any of these business venture you enter in poultry value chain, you will make a maximum return.
Similarly, If you’re looking for answers to questions like;
- Firstly, how to start a poultry farming business?
- Secondly, how to make poultry farming very profitable?
- Finally, how to start poultry farming with low capital?
Our poultry farming article will explain everything in a very detailed manner, any one can understand. The information in this article, can enable you start up small. It’s important to always start small and over time grow exponentially because you need to understand all the perks in the business, without losing so much money.
Reasons why poultry farming is profitable
- Food Is Important To Everyone: Everyone must feed to stay alive, but a majority of individuals value poultry products above other types of meals. Poultry animals like chickens, turkeys, and more feed millions of homes everyday. Their importance in meals mostly insinuate that people can’t do without them.
- Poultry Animals Grow Very Fast: It takes 28 weeks for an average chicken to be fully grown and ready for market. It also takes 21 days for a chicken’s eggs to hatch. But with the use of incubators, it takes a lot lesser for chicken eggs to hatch. Poultry animals in general like turkeys, chickens, guinea fowls, and more have a fast reproduction and growth rate.
- Poultry Animals Lay A Lot Of Eggs: An average layer lays one egg every two days. A farm with 1000 layers would produce at least 800 eggs a day. The market value for the eggs are extremely profitable with 1000 layers capable of producing 400,000 Naira ($1,333.4) in sales every month. A larger portion of this birds would mean an explosive revenue rate.
- Price For Poultry Products Are Attractive: The price of poultry products have been on the rise for years. With an average sized chicken costing at least 2,500 Naira ($8.4), the profit margin accrued never stops growing. Selling 10,000 chickens in a month would amount to 25,000,000 Naira ($83,333.4) in revenues generated.
What Poultry Niche Do You Want To Focus On
What Breed Of Bird Do You Want To Raise
Business Location for Poultry Farming Business Start up-Business Plans
As with other businesses, starting and running a poultry farm in Nigeria is capital intensive. Depending on the location and how large you want your poultry farm to be, it can take you between 100,000 Naira to 10,000,000 Naira to start up your poultry farm. The size of the poultry farm will determine how large your turnover will be.
Poultry House, Equipment’s, & Facilities
The poultry housing system is critical to the success of your poultry farm. The type of poultry housing system you focus on will affect how your birds are placed, identifying productive & unproductive birds, and their overall health. There are three types of poultry housing systems. These are:
- Free Roam; This is a system where chicks are bought and allowed to roam about feeding themselves. This system is not right for anyone who wants aggressive production for wide scale commercial use because the birds could go missing or worse.
- Battery Cage:This is a system where the birds are kept in cages and fed on a regular basis. This system is a highly organised and effective poultry housing system used in poultry farming. Here, the birds have access to feed and water through troughs and laying nests. The cages are separated into various compartments and also creates a perfect environment for laying eggs.
- Deep Litter: In this system, saw dust is usually poured on the ground over a wide area so the birds can be comfortable. This makes it relatively easy for cleaning. The major disadvantage with this method is that it’s difficult for disease out break to be managed.
Asides the poultry housing, many facilities and equipments that will make your poultry farm successful are: Egg trays, feeders, drinkers, lighting systems, nests, crates, incubators, heaters, waste disposal systems, and a lot more. If the facilities are thorough, adequate, and of top quality, your farm would grow favourably.
- Poultry Feeds: The bird feeds are the most important things to their survival. Without food, none of them will survive. Feeding, been important to poultry farming, accounts for over 70% of all the total expenditure you will incur in your business. You can either manufacture poultry feeds, or you can purchase poultry feeds. Manufacturing the feeds are perfect for very large poultry farms because it saves them a lot of money. If your poultry farm is still small scale, buying feeds is the best option for you because, it takes a lot of money to fully setup a feed manufacturing plant.
- Bird Health: The general well being of the birds are very important. You’d have to spend periodically on vaccines and medications to ensure the birds stay healthy. Healthy birds grow strong and would generate a lot of revenue.
This poultry farming business plan template is important to starting and running a successful poultry farming business. With the right attitude and approach, your poultry farm would be highly successful and could positively contribute to the country’s GDP.
Cage System on Perfect Poultry Business Plan & A Feasibility Study In Nigeria
This system involves rearing of poultry on raised wire netting floor in smaller compartments, called cages, either fitted with stands on floor of house or hanged from the roof. It has been proved very efficient for laying operations, right from day-old to till disposal. At present, 75% of commercial layers in the world are kept in cages. Feeders and water trough are attached to cages from outside except nipple water drinker, for which pipeline is installed through or above cages. Auto-operated feeding trolleys and egg collection belts can also be used in this rearing system. The droppings are either collected in trays underneath cages or on belts or on the floor or deep pit under cages, depending on type of cages.
- Minimum floor space is needed
- More number of eggs per hen can be received
- Less feed wastage
- Better feed efficiency
- Protection from internal parasites and soil borne illnesses
- Sick and unproductive birds can be easily identified and eliminated.
- Clean eggs production
- Vices like egg eating, pecking is minimal.
- Broodiness is minimal
- No need of litter material
- Artificial Insemination (AI) can be adopted.
- High initial investment cost.
- Handling of manure may be problem. Generally, flies become a greater nuisance.
The incidence of blood spots in egg is more
Problem of cage layer fatigue. (It is a condition, in which laying birds in cages develop lameness. It may be due to Ca and P deficiency but the exact reason is not known)
In case of broilers, incidence of breast blisters is more, especially when the broilers weight is more than 1.5 kg.
Types of cages
Based on the number of birds in a cage, it is classified as
- Firstly, Single or individual bird cage (Only one bird in a cage)
- Secondly, Multiple bird cage (From 2 to 10 birds, usually 3 or 4 birds per cage)
- Lastly, Colony cages (Holding birds more than 11 per cage)
Based on the number of rows
Based on arrangement of cages
1) Stair-step cages
- a) M-type cages
- b) L-type cages
2) Battery cages (Vertical cages)
Based on the type of bird reared
Brooder / chick cages
- Grower cages
- Layer cages
- Breeder cages
Floor space requirements
Battery cage system For Sale
On Our battery cage specifically, We have for cold galvanized and hot Galvanized
On cold galvanized; we have;
- Height: 84inches (7ft)
- Length: 71inches (actual) including water rubber tank (78 inches) (6.5ft)
- Width: 116inches (2.94m)
- Each cell is 14inches by 16inches.
On Hot Galvanized, we have;
6.56ft long. 6.56ft wide. 5.4ft height
Irrespective of your poultry pen, we can customize our battery cage system to suite your size.
More on Poultry Battery Cage Repairers
Poultry Battery Cages get bad when they are expose to adverse weather condition that causes them to rust. Once they becomes rusted, there is need to replace them. If not, your cages may begin to breakdown. Our technicians are well trained to handle sure task. Contact us right away to help you out.
Contact Us Today, Let’s Help You Prepare An Irresistible Business Plan And A Feasibility Study Report
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We can carry out research and develop MBA grade business plans that you can present to a bank or investor. Intuitively, Chris Farm Nigeria develops well self-explanatory, irresistible feasibility studies or business plan for your Business start ups, Business Growth or Expansions through either personal funds, Grants, or loans, which could be new or existing ones. We delight in writing for people under Academic sectors, production sectors, manufacturing sectors, processing or packing sectors, advertising sectors, marketing sectors and other related sectors on mini, middle and large scale businesses.
For your Agribusiness, either production, processing, marketing of any Agro-industry, our feasibility studies or business plan are explicit.
General Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Intuitively, our feasibility study and business plans are explicit. Likewise, becomes irresistible when you show them to your investors or sponsors. It gives you a clear picture of what you are to see. Especially, when you put the feasibility study or business plans into use.
More Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Similarly, it shows how much it will cost you to own your desired business, what your money can afford. The kinds of product you will need to minimize input in other to maximize output. Likewise, how much returns you will get at the end of each accounting year until your business break-even on its initial investment capital. Lastly, this will give the intending business person or investor or farmer, a vivid idea on the possible benefit he or she stands to gain, when he or she starts doing the business. However, the intending business person or investor or farmer will not need a soothsayer to make decision for him or her.
CLICK HERE to see what our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Reports has for you.
Intuitively, Our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Report has a unique content. Take a look at our it. Finally, be rest assured that we give you what you want if you place an order. For easy understand of your idea, Call us or send us an email for your request. And you will be Glad you did.
Pay For Any Service Via Clicking PAYMENT On the Menu
Finally, Know more about Catfish Farming Business by ordering for this book for just Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
PRICE TAG: N10, 000.00
Mobile Fish Ponds For Sale All Over Nigeria
Furthermore, Fish Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Tips is a Simple guide For All Fish Farmers. As a matter of fact, Chris farm Nigeria welcomes you on Fish Ponds or Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Section. This is where we talk about Modern Fish Farming. Join our Facebook Niche Here