Top Business Plans And Feasibility Study On Poultry Farming Business
More on Top Business Plans And Feasibility Study On Poultry Farming Business
Summary On Top Business Plans And Feasibility Study On Poultry Farming Business
Types of Poultry Farming Business
THINGS NEEDED TO START POULTRY FARMING
- This is very essential because the type of specie you buy will determine the outcome and production of your birds. Be sure to buy your chicks from a reputable poultry farm. Some suggested farms you can buy from are; Obansanjo farms, Byand breeds, Tery Gee etc. You can start with a day old chick or few weeks old.
- Always observe the minimum space requirement for day old birds. If you overstock them some will die due to dehydration as a result of lack of water. Because not all the birds will be able to get to water and drink. It will become a thing of survival of the fittest.
- Before bringing in the birds set the place up. Immediately the birds arrive warm up the place. Keep feed and water for them to consume. If you procrastinate maybe until the next day, you probably will be counting the number of dead birds.
- For starters of poultry farming business it will be better for you to start with the layer type point of lay because they are easy to manage and are less stressful. As such the risk of loosing them will be reduced.
- Buy 2-3 weeks old chick because they are less fragile than a day old chick. But you must request to know the history of the drugs given to them so far.
- Broilers eat an average of 8 kg for 13 weeks old birds. Layers will not eat up to that quantity of feeds. After buying the chicks from reputable hatcheries like Chi farms, Zartech etc. Use quality feed to grow them such as Top feed, KBC 10 (Koudijs Broiler Concentrate) etc. Do not starve or miss giving your birds food.
- Feed them as at when due, 24 hours a day (for day 1-10) and 2 times (morning and evening) daily every other day.
- A bird will eat about 5.6kg of feeds for 8 weeks but the quality of feed matters any way. You can grow a day old chick to broiler from 15-16 weeks or even less. But you have to carry out extra feeding. Feed them with Gadus (pre-starter) in the first 7 days before feeding them with your formulated starter.
TYPES OF FEEDS
- Growers mash
- Layers feeds
- Starter and finisher Etc.
Source of birds:
HYGIENE IN POULTRY FARMING
- In other to prevent excess ammonia buildings, change the sawdust every 10 days. Or as soon as it gets wet. Sawdust is better than using papers because it helps in controlling the birds droppings more than papers.
- The steel feeders should be hung on the roof and not kept on the floor in other to prevent the chicken from soiling them with their faeces which may eventually threaten their health. Suspend of the steel feeders in the air will also prevent infection.
- Wood shavings or sawdust serves as bed and a comforting materials for the birds. Their litter when mixed with these materials helps in easy execution.
- Make provision for clean water, enough ventilation and quality feeds in poultry farming.
- The roof should have an overhang to prevent too much sunlight or rain from entering the pen during construction.
- Ensure their litter is dried and loosed always.
- Decreased in egg production when the birds are not up to a year
- Thin egg-shell
- Refusal to leave the nest
- Swellings around the neck, eyes, blue/black/pale comb
- Not eating well or eating at all and also when looking dull
- Sleeping while standing, buried necks
- Watering stool (diarrhoea) blood or mucus in stool
- Coughing, gasping or sneezing
- Fluid in the abdomen and sudden death
- Limit their access to feed. In other to avoid coccidiosis, minimise contact of feed and water with poultry litter as much as possible.
- Always give Gumboro vaccine at appropriate time especially during early age.
- Do not raise turkey and chicken together. You won’t achieve a good result, The chicken will be the one mostly affected.
- Treat them with appropriate drugs such as embezyl or panthacox. Remember to get your veterinary doctor involved.
- Give pox-prolene drug when you noticed symptoms of fowl pox
VACCINATION IN POULTRY FARMING
- At the point of hatching (chick first day on earth) vaccination should be given to them through the eyes.
- Vaccinate again 4-5 days for Newcastle disease with this drug called, Lasota.
- On the second week vaccinate them for Gambaro
- And then keep vaccinating them every month with Lasota.
- Coccidiosis drug ( you can use pantocox drug for it) should be administered to them every 2-3 days.
- Week 1 Marek’s vaccine (intracellular) against new castle disease
- Day 2-7 antibiotic and anti stress
- Day 3-5 Coccidiosis
- Furthermore, Week 2 Gamboro
- Week 4 Coccidiostat, lasota
- Also, Week 5 Anthelminths
- Week 8 Kamurov (New castle vaccine)
- Likewise, Week 10 Fowl pox
- Also, Week 14 Anthelminthic (deworming)
- Similarly, Week 18 Egg drop sydrome (optional)
- Vitalyte and multivitamin is every morning
REASONS FOR POULTRY FARMING BUSINESS
- Chicken are generally accepted by all regardless of religion, tribe, or country. That is why they are sold faster because of their high demand. Their demand far outweighs their supply. Poultry farming is a business that can be harvested within a short time.
- Poultry farming business is very lucrative because everything about it is money. There is sure returns in your investment when all management procedure is put in place.. A good poultry management requires knowledge as such you can acquire it before starting.
- This business has the capacity to make you financially independent.
Sketch on Business Plans And Feasibility Study For a Poultry Farming Business
- A crate of egg cost about #850-#1000 depending on the size assuming you have 5,000 crate in a year multiply it to see the amount. This is how profitable poultry farming is. However, to establish a poultry farm to produce these amount of eggs you need to keep about #3 million depending on your location and cost of feeding.
- A fully grown chicken sells between #1,200-#1500 depending on how mature they are and their sizes. Assuming at the end of the day you have 4,000 chicken, multiply that with #1,200. Did you see that? Why not start your poultry farming today.
- To raise 250 birds at 6 weeks you need 37 bags of 25kg feeds and #8,000 worth of drugs or less.
More on Poultry Battery Cage Repairers
Poultry Battery Cages get bad when they are expose to adverse weather condition that causes them to rust. Once they becomes rusted, there is need to replace them. If not, your cages may begin to breakdown. Our technicians are well trained to handle sure task. Contact us right away to help you out.
On Our battery cage specifically, We have for cold galvanized and hot Galvanized
On cold galvanized; we have;
- Height: 84inches (7ft)
- Length: 71inches (actual) including water rubber tank (78 inches) (6.5ft)
- Width: 116inches (2.94m)
- Each cell is 14inches by 16inches.
On Hot Galvanized, we have;
6.56ft long. 6.56ft wide. 5.4ft height
Irrespective of your poultry pen, we can customize our batter cage system to suite your size.
Contact Us Today, Let’s Help You Prepare An Irresistible Business Plan And A Feasibility Study Report
Do you need a business plan to raise fund for your business?
We can carry out research and develop MBA grade business plans that you can present to a bank or investor. Intuitively, Chris Farm Nigeria develops well self-explanatory, irresistible feasibility studies or business plan for your Business start ups, Business Growth or Expansions through either personal funds, Grants, or loans, which could be new or existing ones. We delight in writing for people under Academic sectors, production sectors, manufacturing sectors, processing or packing sectors, advertising sectors, marketing sectors and other related sectors on mini, middle and large scale businesses.
For your Agribusiness, either production, processing, marketing of any Agro-industry, our feasibility studies or business plan are explicit.
General Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Intuitively, our feasibility study and business plans are explicit. Likewise, becomes irresistible when you show them to your investors or sponsors. It gives you a clear picture of what you are to see. Especially, when you put the feasibility study or business plans into use.
More Info On Feasibility Study And Business Plans
Similarly, it shows how much it will cost you to own your desired business, what your money can afford. The kinds of product you will need to minimize input in other to maximize output. Likewise, how much returns you will get at the end of each accounting year until your business break-even on its initial investment capital. Lastly, this will give the intending business person or investor or farmer, a vivid idea on the possible benefit he or she stands to gain, when he or she starts doing the business. However, the intending business person or investor or farmer will not need a soothsayer to make decision for him or her.
CLICK HERE to see what our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Reports has for you.
Intuitively, Our Business Plans and Feasibility Study Report has a unique content. Take a look at our it. Finally, be rest assured that we give you what you want if you place an order. For easy understand of your idea, Call us or send us an email for your request. And you will be Glad you did.
Pay For Any Service Via Clicking PAYMENT On the Menu
Finally, Know more about Catfish Farming Business by ordering for this book for just Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00)
PRICE TAG: N10, 000.00
Mobile Fish Ponds For Sale All Over Nigeria
Furthermore, Fish Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Tips is a Simple guide For All Fish Farmers. As a matter of fact, Chris farm Nigeria welcomes you on Fish Ponds or Collapsible Tarpaulin Ponds Section. This is where we talk about Modern Fish Farming. Join our Facebook Niche Here